Cold, Fire, Lighting, & Poison

danbus

Diabloii.Net Member
Cold, Fire, Lighting, & Poison

Cold slows down.

Fire stuns (I still don't believe this).

Poison turns you green and deals damage over time.

WTF does lighting do? Other than light up the area you are in.

ElDrunko

Diabloii.Net Member
Does either really low dmg or really high dmg. It doesn't have to have a special property. And I don't think fire stuns...

Creon

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm pretty sure fire damage puts the enemy into hit recovery animation if you have no other elemental damage or if it takes precedence, or something wierd.

danbus

Diabloii.Net Member
Even 5 years ago, it was told to me like an urban legend that "fire stuns".

I have done some testing with the noko ammy (the one that adds fire dmg) and found nothing to the effect of "stunning" an enemy. I have found that using knockback will put a "stun" like effect on an enemy that IS NOT effected by FHR. It has a set animation.

dougolasjr

Diabloii.Net Member
I have to go with it causing the hit recovery animation I know I don't have any knockback on my barb but I do have fire damage on my Mart and I always see the animation.

-Doug

Creon

Diabloii.Net Member
Hit recovery is also caused by taking more than 1/12th of the enemies life in a single blow (pretty sure of this). This is why Hammerdins lock enemies with their 5-8k actual damage hammers (8k-14k LCS).

seralph

Diabloii.Net Member
Fireball has a built in stuneffect afaik. Fozen armor can freeze a target which is diffrent from slowing down an enemy.
The main reason why a monster falls into hitrecovery is the amount of damage been dealt.

Fists of War

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmm, first I thought: NO way fire stuns...
But then I realised that on my fire sorc lot's of times I have been able to keep a single enemy from getting to me, just with quick firebolts, so now I think fire does kinda knock-back, but doesn't properly stun, like smite.