Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Cold Assassin

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Dala, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Dala

Dala IncGamers Member

Cold Assassin

I'm building a Cold Assassin mostly because I like the effect and I like that cold slow things down... and I like that I've not seen others play them. I've done the standard traps and DTalon already.

But... this is new territory for me still and playing untwinked in HC, I'm looking for some suggestions and ideas on things. I do PvM only. (And only HC.)

So far I've been maxing out Blades of Ice (is that the name?) and Phoenix Strike (because it will help with cold immunes and is a synergy of the main cold charge up.

Here are my questions... many are very noobish I warn you in advance... Even though I played some assassins, I never mastered them.

1) Finishing skill. Double Claw seems fun because it doubles the damage of the attack (one per claw) - but it also will preclude a shield which means I will definitely be needing to use fade and not BoS. D Talon is interesting because I can use a shield - but wold it be applying the cold to all the kicks? In that case it would be even better than Double claw because I could get far beyond 2 .... or does it just apply to the first kick? Other suggestions? The DTail? If I go with a kick vs. a claw finish - do I need to worry about boots and such more or am I really just using it as a trigger for the charge up?

2) If I do go double claw... is there any advantage to fighting with two claws? Do I get to hit more often?

3) Since I'm stuck whacking things for the charge-up - what could I do to greatly increase my normally hit damage and likelihood to connect?

4) Master vs. Warrior. I have heard everything from they are the most powerful minion in the game to don't bother with them.... It seems like master is the common choice, but it also seems like being able to have your minino follow your path is also an interesting option.... I've read both that the Warriors do gain resists and also that the Master's resists are far superior and is not affected by nightmare/hell penalties. Are the Warrior's?

5) Venom - since I'm whacking things, should I be putting points into this?

Thank you!

2. stephan

stephan IncGamers Member

Re: Cold Assassin

1. You can only release charges one time per finishing move. I'd use Dual Claw since it doesn't break your rhythm.

2. If you use Blades of Ice, you are almost forced to use dual claws. The attack speed with a single claw is very low. You lose a shield, but you have weapon block.

3. Well, increase your damage and increase your AR. One thing you could do is use Venom.

4. On the long run Warrior gets better resists than a Master, and since you can control her to cast Fade, she can become elemental immune at higher levels. She does not suffer from the NM/Hell resist penalties either. The choice is mainly about how much points do you want to invest (Warrior requires more) and how much time do you want to spend controlling the minion (Warrior takes some getting care of).

3. Cwicseolfor

Cwicseolfor IncGamers Member

Trivia: Fade gives you 1% physical resist per lvl up to 20% DR at level 20. You might consider it far more worth pumping than burst of speed. Not an easy choice.

4. Dala

Dala IncGamers Member

I am guessing I should boost up my Claw Mastery to Max then? Maybe more important than Venom?

5. stephan

stephan IncGamers Member

If you have claws with good damage, CM is OK-ish, I suppose.