Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Cold arrow - Fire arrow question

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Boffa, Feb 25, 2004.

1. Boffa

Boffa IncGamers Member

Cold arrow - Fire arrow question

Both Cold and Fire arrow converts some damage to elemental damage. Is this elemental damage or do cold arrow convert damage to cold and fire arrow convert damage to fire?

Thay also say that Cold arrow only do half the regular damage. Do they mean half of the physical damage after it converted to elemental damage or before?

Thx to anyone who knows.

2. Freyas

Freyas IncGamers Member

Cold and fire convert a percentage of your physical damage into cold or fire damage respectively. Cold/Lightning/Fire damage is elemental, though if you were meaning magic damage, that's not the case.

I have not noticed cold arrow doing lowered physical damage- I seem to remember that being the case at some point, but at least in the 1.10 patch, it appears to do full damage.

3. psuedoenviro

psuedoenviro IncGamers Member

Is cold arrow's damage conversion applied after things such as deadly strike, crittical strike and amplify damage?

4. Freyas

Freyas IncGamers Member

The cold/fire/magic arrow conversion is applied when you fire the bow, rather than when the arrow strikes. Therefore, the damage conversion is applied to your physical damage after ed bonuses and the like, but before amp damage, or critical strike, which modify the physical damage when your arrow strikes.

5. slayer37

slayer37 IncGamers Member

Yeah... but the skill description says that cold and fire arrow do only half of their damage. I'm confused also about this half thing so I never gave these skills more than 1 skill point.