Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Coh for Strafeazon?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Aksama, Feb 14, 2004.

1. Aksama

Aksama IncGamers Member

Coh for Strafeazon?

Would CoH be a good choice for an mf strafeazon? I'm not sure what area I'll be doing, probably diablo runs (it seems to make sense, wide open spaces, I can help my friend w/ IM, he kills PI's, he's an avenger)

So with the two of us playing together, would CoH be suggestable? If so, what armor should I put it in? I'd use the str+ to meet the req. for a WF (or a BOTD hydra bow if I decide to waste some runes, are they the same str/dex req?)

Thanks for the tips guys!

And, if anyone has ber/ist for trade, give me a "holla' pm style, haha

EDIT: Would Enigma be a decent alternative? Or is the lost res/etc not worth it? that's the real reason I'm looking at CoH... (and ED to demons)

2. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

well CoH is not a mf armour but if you want to kill and be rather safe its great

my own CoH is on mt hammerdin so as i wont strip him anytime soon and test it on one of my zons i can just say that i think it would be awsome for killing speed but not for mf.

but then again with a few sc mf charms and war travlers and such items you could have a decent mf% without sacrifying killing speed.

i think i would choose a wire fleece for CoH if you will use it on a zon mine is here:

Chains of Honor
    Archon Plate
    'DolUmBerIst'
    Defense: 880
    Durability: 53 of 60
    Required Strength: 103
    Required Level: 63
    Item Version: Expansion
    Item Level: 90
    Fingerprint: 0xe55f511c
    +20 to Strength
    +70% Enhanced Defense
    Damage Reduced by 8%
    All Resistances +65
    8% Life stolen per hit
    Replenish Life +7
    25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
    200% Damage to Demons
    100% Damage to Undead
    +2 to All Skill Levels
    Socketed (4: 4 used)

i must say its great on my hammerdin i bet it would work wonders on a zon too

3. GhostStealer

GhostStealer IncGamers Member

coh is good for it's non mf stats. the 25%mf can't really help you in mfing. :D

try Tal Armour, it got good mf and nice resist.

wf and botd hydra bow got same str/dex req. I rather use wf for it's higher damage.

4. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Speaking from experience of someone (me) who just made themselves a chains of honor archon plate, chains of honor is the best zon armor for mfing "the pit" because of its huge undead/demon damage bonus (everything in the pit is demon/undead) and it also has 25% mf itself which is nice. As long as you have some decent (200% or so) mf from your other equipment definetely go with chains of honor. Just noticed that you plan on doing diablo runs which makes sense with chains again because of the enemies being all demon/undead and the huge elemental threats (+65 all res) of oblivion knights/venom lords. I would recommend putting it in any armor from dusk shroud to wire fleece so that your strength doesn't start getting into the "useless waste of points for a bowazon" region ie. 120+. A BoTD weapon has -20 or -30% req (not sure) so it will require less strength than a windforce.

5. Aksama

Aksama IncGamers Member

Yeah I already have an inventory full of 7% mf charms for her (leftovers from 1.09) and I figure, travs, shako, perhaps chancies, a perf nagel. That should serve me pretty well...probably around 400-500 mf... I was considering doing diablo runs with my friend who's an avenger... Most things there are demon so I figured CoH may be helpful. How does LoH stack up against Chanceguards, does it really increase damage that much, or is it not worthwhile w/ the CoH on?

6. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

My zon besides having the CoH also wears laying of hands and i will say that monsters such as venom lords or grotesques go down awfully fast once my might merc and amp (witchwild string) gets going. It should significantly decrease the time of a diablo/chaos run. That and remember mf diminishing returns kick in at 110% :

400% magic find = 236%+ unique find + 287%+ set find
    450% magic find = 245%+ unique find + 305%+ set find

i would say that difference is negligible and won't be noticed unless you do thousands or tens of thousands of runs. Remember that mfing doesn't mean a damn thing if you can't kill efficiently. Chaos Sanc is heavy on demons and elemental threats (Oblivion Knights) and laying of hands with its 20% ias, 50% fire res and +350%ED to demons (not calculated the same as weapon ED for your information) is the best zon glove for that area. Just my opinion