CoA viable on a wolf / maul bear??

Favourite Prime Evil?

  • Diablo

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mephisto

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Baal

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0

Voice

Diabloii.Net Member
CoA viable on a wolf / maul bear??

I have thought of many builds where I think it could work. And if i ever start getting off my buttock to build my next wolf i'll use a ber/ber 2/15CoA on one of mine newer builds. I was just wondering if i was the only one who thinks w/ the right build CoA is VERY viable.

Post your potential builds on a CoA druid.
 

Kirby Hunter

Diabloii.Net Member
Voice said:
I have thought of many builds where I think it could work. And if i ever start getting off my buttock to build my next wolf i'll use a ber/ber 2/15CoA on one of mine newer builds. I was just wondering if i was the only one who thinks w/ the right build CoA is VERY viable.

Post your potential builds on a CoA druid.
GL on finding out
personally, id rather use storm+Verds and jalals(+2/2,20 str,30% FHR etc)
Ive decided to build a maul bear, and im going with 6 shael'd zerker(experimental 3 range)

*on topic answer
I dont think it would be as nice to use nor as cheap to use as standard jalals
Most of the time you're going to end up using storm for the block/dr/res
 

Voice

Diabloii.Net Member
Kirby Hunter said:
*on topic answer
I dont think it would be as nice to use nor as cheap to use as standard jalals
Most of the time you're going to end up using storm for the block/dr/res


The CoA doent have to have ber/ber in it ..

You can use CoA over Jalals and just switch belt to a nice rare or trangs belt. So basically you could go CoA + ss over dungos + ss
 

Kirby Hunter

Diabloii.Net Member
Voice said:


The CoA doent have to have ber/ber in it ..

You can use CoA over Jalals and just switch belt to a nice rare or trangs belt. So basically you could go CoA + ss over dungos + ss
yeah i know
With CoA you can use a different belt
OW/Life/FHR
Personally, I feel that jalals is still better
In the end
from using CoA you basically gain
Life*
FHR*
ow* from belt
and an extra os/res from helm
Not to mention CoA>>>>jalals in term of expense
 

psuedoenviro

Diabloii.Net Member
What do you think about using a ber/ber coa combined with a verdungos for a 2h pvp fury wolf? It provides 46dr and opens up the armor selection beyond shaftstop. A 2h fury wolf could have near max dr while wearing duress or fortitude. If you went with an enigma/coh you would have max dr or you could only use one ber and add an um, cham, or rare jewel to the coa.

1 skill coa vs 2/2 jalal's means you lose a 15% life bonus from lycanth and quite a big ar% bonus from ww (45) and fury (21) plus the 20% on the pelt itself.

Let us know how it works out for you since I am not about to spend the capital to get a good coa ber/ber when jalal's so easily obtained.
 

Voice

Diabloii.Net Member
I will .. I already got 2 CoA's 2/13 (non) and 2/15 (ladder). I'm working on a ladder build already. And I have thought of ber/ber CoA w/ dungos ... but to use pheonix instead of ss. however the dex involved is insane and I dont feel using fort + phoenix is viable.

My current build however does involve phoenix. :D

Yay for being differnt!!!
 

Kirby Hunter

Diabloii.Net Member
Voice said:
I will .. I already got 2 CoA's 2/13 (non) and 2/15 (ladder). I'm working on a ladder build already. And I have thought of ber/ber CoA w/ dungos ... but to use pheonix instead of ss. however the dex involved is insane and I dont feel using fort + phoenix is viable.

My current build however does involve phoenix. :D

Yay for being differnt!!!
yay for being different?^^ yay for being owned
Being a shape druid is already a huge disadvantage :D

Most builds ive used involved using ed/min armor or pure max armor
Id definitely go Storm or at least jewelers of deflecting
 

psuedoenviro

Diabloii.Net Member
Pheonix eh....for some reason I am picturing this on a fc bear with a fully synergized firestorm or a stone armor hybrid mauler/fc. Does the ctc firestorm interrupt your attack since it has a timer?
 

lucrativelyrics

Diabloii.Net Member
coa viable ? yes , for sure. any item in diablo can be made viable if you think about it. my personal opinion for 1 hander i would prefer jalals. phoenix is nice you would need insane amounts of dex ( i know you stated this already). str req sucks. and you wont have storm to boost your str , so would have to pump that up alot as well . ( not high high just im used to all my druids having like 90 str so more then 120 seems too much ).

im assuming you would make phoenix in a ward since its 4 soc and higher % block then monarch and has the highest d for a shield. 44 % = alot of dex for a lvl 85 char ..with 44 % block and 250 dex on a 85 char your blocking only around 60 %... ewwwwwww use uped wire twitch and you got 75 % lol.

umm and as for str req, since fort has no str, phoenix none. unless assume you use ik gloves , and treks ( 15 str ) thats a total of 35 str . you would need 139 base str , 119 if you use a 20 stat anni. also if you use str charms you will be fine but thats taking alot away from you . ( not counting 30 stats from botd but theres so many possibilities i dont want to make a ass out of myself).

phoenix i dont feel is workable . and if dueling is what you have in mind , sure phoenix , fort looks good on paper with all the ed but your giving way to much up .

using ss and coa you can do quite abit. cham coa so you dont need raven and can use angelics , more atr helps both pvm and pvp but pvm not as much. you can dual um it for the many druids that lack res. 60 on a fhr helm very good for pvm. in the end i cant really think of a combo that works , at least better then cerebus/ss or jalals/ss. unless your a wind druid , wholeeeeeeeee other story.

in the end i dont know .. i think it can be used and you wil be a good druid , but jalals gives way to much , phoenix is tempting ( ive wanted this too ) but 44% on a shield is too much for me to think of ways to make it work. i just gave up right away lol. not to mention the end answer was always use twitch or guardian.

as for 2 handers thats another story , this helmet i think is probably one if not the best for a 2 hander , i have a druid on non ladder that uses botd gt with dual berd 14 dr coa and a 15 dr dungoes.

this set up is amazing . and with all those high dmg 2 handers out there this build does shine and brightly.

45 dr allows you to use fort which is insane , 400 ed , ( i think someone posted on the forum equal to lvl 41 how lol ) . and chilling , with res . simply awesome.

pop on ravens and highlord with gores to have a fast , 8 k dmg dealing machine with lots of deadly strike. wow ...


anyways i wont bore you anymore .. 1handed i vote no , 2 hander i vote yes ! . post here once you decide which path to choose im very interested ! :)
 

Weltkriegpally

Diabloii.Net Member
phoenix is a workable idea, but for that you either need the "godly" rare fanged knife with 300 ish ed, quickness, 2 sockets, and fools, or a 450 ed one (preferably eth both). Or you could get a cfkoq and just make that kind of druid and go with the titan dex build that so many liked in .09. It will also give you the insane kind of damage that most could only dream about. Not sure I would use fort, though. an ed/ber armor would probably help more.

--welt
 

Voice

Diabloii.Net Member
Never said I was gonna use fort. Im using ga w/ my phoenix. Get more ed than fort and ga will take me up to 62 / 64 % block. Which isnt that much worse than a ss.
 

lucrativelyrics

Diabloii.Net Member
Voice said:
Never said I was gonna use fort. Im using ga w/ my phoenix. Get more ed than fort and ga will take me up to 62 / 64 % block. Which isnt that much worse than a ss.
i never said it wouldnt work , im sure it could. just i feel other options are better, is it viable sure . like i said viable. but i just dont think its better . sry if i offended anyone.
 

psuedoenviro

Diabloii.Net Member
Have you thought about crafting safety amulets? I know this is often forgotten about but they give a 1-10% increased chance to block. It means losing highlords and all that deadly strike. But since you are using GA, a crafted ammy could spawn prismatic and actually help you make use of those 15% max resists mods. If you combine colossus, atlas, perfection, prismatic, +2 druid skills, and 10% blocking, you would have quite an ammy.
 

lucrativelyrics

Diabloii.Net Member
psuedoenviro said:
Have you thought about crafting safety amulets? I know this is often forgotten about but they give a 1-10% increased chance to block. It means losing highlords and all that deadly strike. But since you are using GA, a crafted ammy could spawn prismatic and actually help you make use of those 15% max resists mods. If you combine colossus, atlas, perfection, prismatic, +2 druid skills, and 10% blocking, you would have quite an ammy.
lol nice psuedoenviro never thought about that - i might have to think about that myself ;)
 

Kirby Hunter

Diabloii.Net Member
lucrativelyrics said:
lol nice psuedoenviro never thought about that - i might have to think about that myself ;)
I had a pretty sexy safety ammy on Asia
It had 10%(i think?) block, mass stats, life, and i think mana, too bad it lacked skills
 

lucrativelyrics

Diabloii.Net Member
Kirby Hunter said:
I had a pretty sexy safety ammy on Asia
It had 10%(i think?) block, mass stats, life, and i think mana, too bad it lacked skills
heh nice kirby you just tempted me to go try some out ;)
 

lucrativelyrics

Diabloii.Net Member
Voice said:
I will .. I already got 2 CoA's 2/13 (non) and 2/15 (ladder). I'm working on a ladder build already. And I have thought of ber/ber CoA w/ dungos ... but to use pheonix instead of ss. however the dex involved is insane and I dont feel using fort + phoenix is viable.

My current build however does involve phoenix. :D

Yay for being differnt!!!
after a brief discussion a friend and i wanted to try this.

this is what his build was at 84 ,

411% botd zerker,
uped jalals with 30ed/7fhr
angelics ring/raven/ angelic ammy
gores
dracs
299 phoenix
1668 d fort arch,
verdungoes.

bunch of skill/life charms.

dmg = 8974 , 32 k , forget his life. 75 % block , 250 dex

dueled my barb ( testing ) .my barb wore

grief phase,
no armor
no helm ,
angelics
ss
tgods
gores
dracs

i had 8 k d pre conc , 25 k after conc.

we dueld 3 times,
duel 1- killed me in 1 fury ,
duel 2- i took him to 1/4
duel 3- i killed him with half life left.

so as you can see my barb isnt set up and matched up well against him , but insane dmg of his fury was noted lol.

we dueld 3 times with him changing phoenix for ss

duel 1 - i took him to 3/4s b4 he killed me .
duel 2- i got 1 hit in
duel 3- raped.

so even know he had 2 k dmg less ( phoenix gave him approx 2 k extra dmg )

he did much better.

what i think about this . we realized dr is king - but phoenix +fort is definately viable .. he was 1 hit killing people all night ( but with low dr , zealots were taking him down in 1 shot as well)

so in the end coa+ phoenix + fort might very well be viable . but not for me . let me know what your build is in the end voice and tell me how it fares :)
 

psuedoenviro

Diabloii.Net Member
Hey, Voice, so what ever happened to that build? I am assuming it was a CoA ber/ber, GA, Pheonix, Verdungos,.......? Grief? 120 Phase?

My 2h pvp tomb reaver wolf has been stuck with Shaft for too long. I need to find me a CoA so I can slap on a fort. I have enough dual mod 5%fhr/resists charms to live without jalah's.

I figure 46%dr from Crown of Ages + Verdungos with Fort is better than 45%dr with Jalah's, Shaft, and Verdungos. It just would cost about an arm, leg and maybe a cornea to get perfect CoA and 2 legit bers on ladder.
 
Top