Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

CoA on hammer

Discussion in 'PvP' started by mystified, May 3, 2008.

1. mystified

mystified IncGamers Member

CoA on hammer

wow...I have decided to make a lamerdin!!

...dunno why. i got bored? :grin:

anyway, if I want to use berber CoA what would be a better option?

1) use wizzy with 9str/allres + other mods if possible + hard points
    2) use hoto with FCR/ STR ring (or similar)

basically I am trying to save str. and since CoA's req is way to high to be met with just eni and unique charms some hard points will be needed (i think)

atm I am using mara's but that may change on my gambling luck (i.e. never)

1) will allow more flexible equip choice...somewhat anyway. with built in abs.
    2) will FCR ring I will lose an abs ring. so bye bye to either raven/wisp/dwarf. chances are i wil be using raven only for dex/mana bonus.

opinions?

PS I will looks so *** in AP with all that str investment! i want str glitch! :p

2. DayDream

DayDream IncGamers Member

Re: CoA on hammer

I went wizardspike just for the sake of being able to sorb two chars at once. Also easy stack over foh/others.

3. SicHalo

SicHalo IncGamers Member

Hmm wizzy will give the most stable setup as it allows easy high stack etc and u can have a wisp as permanent sorb and oak and skill ring or 2 piece absorb.

Also it is possible to get a str/dex all res jewel to socket the wizzy.

you could also gamble posisbly a 2+ pala/str+ dex/res amu or a nice crafted pala fcr anu,

4. sweetalmonds

sweetalmonds IncGamers Member

174 is kinda high to wear berber coa how bout 15/-15 ber?
    I'd say wiz with 9/15 str/resist. One ring will be raven all the time ofcourse. the other can be bk for dmg and health or dwarf/wisp.

If you can get a 2/20 ammy with other nice mods you can use dungos which will solve all dr problems.

5. mystified

cool. i wil have to gamble more. i don't care if its suppose to ruin your life.

anyway just had few thoughts and in some cases i may want to grief + charge (vs bowa, trapper etc..)
    in which case i will have to drop off that CoA if i use str jewel on wizzy. this should be ok right? (just swapping eni with fort, then ber shako + dungoes for DR, FCR rings/amu for 125 FCR bp..?)

6. saellison

saellison IncGamers Member

I would get a +2 pally/Str/Resist/fcr amulet. Then use the wiz and socket it with a 7fhr/Res Jewel.
    I might be a little confused by the last post, but I would aim for having enough strength from gear or hard points so slapping on a grief wouldn't pose any str problems with equipping the CoA.

7. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

Freedom resists jewel with a ber is what I use.

'd to use, anyway.

8. mainaman

mainaman IncGamers Member

Dungo ber shako, hoto/wizzy with fcr amulet and you are set.
    41 dr is good enough imo. You can try using hoto, circlet, ber stormshield , 50 dr it works great too.

9. MORKLEET

MORKLEET IncGamers Member

9str/res is bad on hammer becouse you will go max block no matter what, so it doesnt matter if the jewel is 9 str/res or 9 dex/res, this 9 stats you will must stat anyway, so use dex/res and easy switch to hoto without any problems. also hoto is superior to wizard for the oak charges which are must in vs any melee, hammers, necs etc so try get 1 pala 20 fcr, i think they are not so so expensive and give the freedom to use abs ring and hoto. also coa ber -15req/goodadd(dex, res fhr) is the way to go, with 15dr verdungo you get 46 dr which is enough

10. Uncle_Mike

Uncle_Mike D2 PvP Moderator

I use a CoA with a ber and a -req/7fhr jewel with some minor adds (5% fire res and some life IIRC)

11. SicHalo

SicHalo IncGamers Member

not really i disagree u can get hold of dex/str/res jewels rare ones i believe which is ofc much more stat use.

Secondly wizzy>hoto in almost all cases apart from on hybrids because although hoto has alot of skill + oak charges, it also has alot lower resistances and fcr, not to mention the great amount of mana u also gain from wizzy. To solve the oak sage problem u use a permanent wisp on slot which grants you light absorb as well as oak charges.

Hoto is a good swapping in for hammer vs hammer for a high dmg setup, in which u swap in archnid for fcr which only means u need a total of 10 fcr from else where i.e 2pala/10 fcr/str/dex or 2 pala/10fcr/life/mana or ofc a nice fcr ring and maras instead.

12. MORKLEET

MORKLEET IncGamers Member

yo, there is really no need for str in wizard, 1 - you get the 147(or was 144?) str for coa without stat str anyway and 2 - you dont want on cta switch to have 9 less str and loose your coa one day and always have 1 skill lower bo. i like wizard too but beside the mana (res is not problem?) why would you loose 3 all skills? and you always can have cr wizz and lr wizz in stash. wizard setup with permanent wisp is nice anyway, everything in this patch is made to work for hammer :grin:

13. mystified

CoA is 174, with -15 req it would be...148?
    i can see that dex/res/fhr jewels of a sort would be better than str jewel. i can work with that :grin:

about 2/20 circl....is it better than CoA? I mean apart from 20 FCR and extra skill, I don't see much attraction to it if I use berber-ed circ and dungoes..which mean I get..39 DR? with less res and FHR? :/

also ber/-req jewel on CoA to go for 'just' 31 DR? so..that means using 2/20 amu with dungoes to get high DR..got to work on that part i guess.

I am just trying to go for minimal gear changes..since going to stash to get gears are too much for me right now...I am too lazy and i wanna just spin hammers :hide:

14. Uncle_Mike

Uncle_Mike D2 PvP Moderator

Coa with a -req jewel has a str req of 148.

CoA can have up to 23 dr with a single ber, add 8 dr on enigma and 15 dr on dungo (20 on bb if you are EU NL and have access to one) and you have almost max dr.

Coa/dungo setup can have 125 fcr with a 10 fcr amu and hoto, 20 fcr amulet or a wizzy aren't a must to hit that breakpoint.

40 (hoto) + 10 (amulet) + 20 (gloves) + 20 (rings) + 35 (spirit) = 125.

15. mystified

i see.. :scratch:
    that seems more interesting, with wizzy and raven i can save dex as well i guess, and duel statt FCR ring willl go long way to save me stats. (i wish this char was on nl for that sweet belt..i guess i can do no str CoA set up then with low dex invest :p)

46DR , 125 FCR, 86 FHR bp! sweet! :smile:

16. SicHalo

SicHalo IncGamers Member

ok fair enough on the jewel that is a correct what you say but i threw that in for good measure as jewels ppl usually aim for when using a wizzy setup Also most hammerdins on my realm use b belts allowing alot less str and dex need to achieve max block.

3 skills is alot to lose but you can still get a nice allrounded 12k hammer setup which imo is more than good enough in pvp. I hinted on hoto as stash gear due to the needed dmg boost in say hammer vs hammer and prolly vs some mele but in terms of res wizzy is just not easy replaceable as wizzy can offer another 50%+ res ontop of a perfect 40% res hoto and 75% dedicated to one element and 35% to all others which is pretty significant, plus the good mana ofc, and also it allows easier access to the fastest bp while maintaining high dr and stack all in one. With good gear u can easily 1 v many vs a team using conviction aura from a foh+ a fire sorc and a mele char like barb without gear switching..

Like i said for a hybrid hammer i see the clear need why hoto>wizzy as the the skills are needed. Even for me on a mage a wizzy 9 dex/15 @ res jewel is stashed.

17. SicHalo

SicHalo IncGamers Member

tbh the problems i find with hoto is the fact that u have to use 2x fcr rings to hit the bp this is an issue when u need to use absorb a u want to have at least one of ur ring slots open or both for easier ring swap. although u can get really nice stats from rings like 10 fcr/ 1x str/1x dex/ life/ mana adds like res etc but these scan be truked

18. Moritz

Moritz IncGamers Member

Hmm well

you could get hots vs fire, tg vs light and switch a circ + ravens vs cold (just incase you got no stack).
    I dont see why hdin depends on abs rings.

19. SicHalo

SicHalo IncGamers Member

thats too much switching the hots vs fire is ok although a dwarf can be used here. but switching out tg and other helms to fight different elements goes against the main strength of a good hammerdin, being able to stack and abs while keeping dr at high or max levels..

20. Moritz

Moritz IncGamers Member

I was talking about 1v1s. just choose one of the listed stuff.