Co-Op Tournement

YoungDbl

Diabloii.Net Member
Co-Op Tournement

Hey spf. This is my first ever tournement that ive hosted. To tell you the truth ive never played in one either. I thought it would be a fun idea to play and also rewarding for the winner(s). Its open for discussion on rules and whatever. Also it'll be a nice chance to meet another forum member and maybe get a new friend. This tournement is based on a partner. You must rely on each other and your surroundings to survive. Ok on to it then shall we?

Rules:
1. It is going to be played in sc. I know most people play hc tournies but not this one! The idea isn't about not dieing its more about utilizing each others abilities and helping the weaknesses to progress through the game and eventually pat/mat.

2. Rrm and rwm is banned. I know this isn't right but itll be harder to get partners if we have to worry about mod status. So start a nice fresh icon and just deal with it please?

3. No abusing bugs or player settings. (no kill p1 and open chests on p8)

4. Player setting can be altered at any time. Do not abuse!

5. The character selection is the main part of the tournement. If person A is playing a male character (pat) then person B must play a female (mat). Also lets say that B is a trapsin. Trapsin would be considered caster so player A must use a melee character. If the player A builds a wind druid then player B must play a melee character like a MA assassin. The exception to melee skills that is kind of grey is:
Melee: Whirlwind , charged strike , all MA skills exlcuding dragon flight , smite , fire claws , rabies , pretty much anything that is not a missile.

6. You must complete every quest and get every quest reward before the end of that difficulty. You must also get every wp. You may rerun areas but remember you have to have your partner with you via ip games at all times.

7. The winner of the tournement will be the highest level team at the end. The tournement will end on a specific date that I will post later. So after you pat/mat your team you can do baal runs or go do meph runs for items and what not. You cannot rerun an area untill the difficulty is complete. So no mf'ing untill you finish that difficulty you wish to mf in. You must have your partner with you for it at all times. Also you must get a wp before you can pass onto the next area. Side areas are not required.

8. Atma is ok for muling off but not as an extended stash. Dont be greedy you have a melee and a caster so split gear 50/50. For the hellforge quests after some one completes theres save and exit and do for the next person.

9. Save your best 5 items or so from your quests. The winners of the tournement will each recieve one item from every person. So you have 2 winners in this tourney. A and B win. So now C gives A an Item and D ( C's partner ) gives B an item. You decide which item to give. If you have a nice melee item you found ( lets say a azurewraith ) then you give that to the winner of the team that played the melee build. If this is confusing let me know.

10. Since this is softcore you can die. Every time you die make sure you write it down. Lets not cheat. At the end subtract 5 points for every death. Thats every death per character. So if you bolth die at the same time you lose 10 points. Completeing normal is 40 points. Completing nm is 60. Completing hell is 100. If the end of the tournement your team is below level 70 ( some how :rolleyes: ) minus your team 20 points. If your under 80 minus 30 points. Add 5 points for any level over 90. The point system may get a little confusing but bare with me please.

Banned builds:
Hammerdin with conc aura
Pure sorcs of one element
Pure javazon
Pure lite trapsin
Fishymancer

Those are the most cookie cutter I could think of. I was going to ban a fanatzealot but if your going untwinked then I guess itll be a challange. Try not to be stingy with your rewards to the winners and try not to lie about death count. Also make sure you choose the right partner. If the winners are self-found and dont want the items we throw them in a giveaway and ill host that. To keep things from getting to far out of hand I was thinking of limiting the tournement to 10 teams of 2. As soon as you sign up with your partner and I give it the go ahead then you may begin. End day wont be for a while becuase I know some of us play slow , like myself , and itll give you a good chance to get a decent level. Plus any good items you find you can keep in a stash. Just remember to save 1 melee item and 1 caster item for the winners. I hope there is some interest in this becuase I thought it was a good idea and hope to have some one for a partner. Please try and keep the table neat and have a open mind and give it a try. Its my first tournement dont let it go down in flames!

Code:
Group 1
-------
Forum name    Class     Build        Level   Deaths  Group location

YoungDbl      Pala(p)   ZealSmite    1       0       Act1 Wp1
-             -   (m)   -            -       -

Group 2
-------
Forum name     Class     Build    Level    Deaths    Group location

Group 3
-------

Group 4
-------

Group 5
-------

Group 6
-------

Group 7
-------

Group 8
-------

Group 9
-------

Group 10
--------
Input...Signup... Please!!!

My time zone is east I guess. I can play anytime after 3:30 eastern. I have tons of time!!! Im a loser! I dont want to take out the idea of rerunning becuase the whole point is to have fun and gain a nice beefy character and hopefully a new friend at the end of this tournement. Just no rerunning untill you finish the difficulty.

Freekje

Diabloii.Net Member
Sounds nice, I'll think a bit about joining...

It could be usefull to post time-zone. Netehrlands here (GMT +1) and could mostly be online in the evenings.

Diabloii.Net Member
Might join it :smiley: As for rules

4) I don't see a point in forcing /players setting. In my opinion it would be the best to leave it to players' judgement.

7) I don't like this rule. In the end whoever has the most time would win. Single-pass could be an option but melee would suffer.

YoungDbl

Diabloii.Net Member
Time zon would be great to post yes! As for player settings I guess it could be left up to partners. I just thought that maybe it would be best to make harder builds have to struggle early on instead of letting them slide by and letting there partners baal them at players8 later. I can take it out though. Rerunning can be done *after* the difficulty is complete. So lets say you finish hell. Now you can hell baal as long as you can with your partner and maybe run pindle for items or whatever. Lets see what every one else thinks. Ill revise a few things.

EDIT: Its not all about time though. Lets say your playing a MA sin and a Foh'er. You can have all the time in the world and your not going to get to high of a level. I like the idea of the rerunning after youve completed the dificulty. The player setting was changed. Post your timezone to from now on. Also maybe we can do something for +points for non cookie builds? Maybe instead of picking your partner you just fill in down the list? So its kind of random? Then you dont get to pick your gender and stuff. Bah ill wait for more replies.

Cattleya

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, you asked for input. I just saw a couple of things that it might be nice to clarify. :wink3:

4. Normal is done on players8 through everything including act bosses. Nightmare is done on players8 with the exception of dropping down to players3 for act bosses. Hell is done on players1 all the way through unless you want to raise it.
In NM, do you have to do the bosses at /p3, or can you keep it higher?
Banned builds:
Pure sorcs of one element
Where would an enchantress fit in here? Can a fire or cold sorc dump some points in static (or just get teleport) to get around this restriction? You may want to clarify this one. :wink3:

This looks like an interesting tourney, but school starts monday which means my available times become erratic. (I also hate giving up my ATMA extended stash. :grin: )

Edit: One I forgot. Your rules require the closing of the Pindle portal. Was this intentional, or an oversight? This can pretty much ruin some characters for usage outside of this tourney.

YoungDbl

Diabloii.Net Member
Well I changed the player settings period.

As for hybrid builds. It would require one maxed skill in another tree. An enchantress would be a fire based build. Which would be pure. The exception would be if say you used a weapon and went melee. Then I guess it would fit. Like the executress.

School comes for me monday to but ill make time! :laugh:

edit: pindle closage was intentional. Its very simple to level to 90 on him. I rather have him passed and closed. Then when you are allowed to rerun him its to late. I understand this may ruin some builds so I guess all I can offer is to work around it. Make a toon that can run meph or alvl 85 later. Just have fun with it!

Timinator

Diabloii.Net Member
You have completely forgotten where any ranged builds sit, they are definately easier than melee to survive, but don't have the power of a caster.

Do you realise this could possibly be over very quick if you get 2 people sitting down at the start of a day could finish this no prob.

YoungDbl

Diabloii.Net Member
Ranged would be caster. Bow zon would be a caster. Anything missile like I said in the first post.

Timinator

Diabloii.Net Member
i'd disagree, ranged chars got the shaft in .1x, casters are kings/queens. you should give someone a bonus if they do untwinked melee/caster

YoungDbl

Diabloii.Net Member
The whole point is to have one in the fray and one in safe distance. Balancing the two to overcome hell baal. If a ranged character and a caster team togethor then its unfair. The point was to be melee and caster , ranged , distanced character whatever you want to call it.

YoungDbl

Diabloii.Net Member
Also when you say ranged characters got the shaft what characters would that include? Throw barb and normal arrow zon? All other classes cast a skill with there attacks. Does it matter if its only adding +%dmg to an arrow or casting a fireball? ranged is ranged and casting is casting. Unless your standing on top of something and attacking it directly it falls under that catagory. Make contact directly or its caster.

YoungDbl

Diabloii.Net Member
Hey SPF. This is my first ever tournement that ive hosted. To tell you the truth ive never played in one either. I thought it would be a fun idea to play and also rewarding for the winner(s). Its open for discussion on rules and whatever. Also it'll be a nice chance to meet another forum member and maybe get a new friend. This tournement is based on a partner. You must rely on each other and your surroundings to survive. Ok on to it then shall we?

Rules:
1. It is going to be played in sc. I know most people play hc tournies but not this one! The idea isn't about not dieing its more about utilizing each others abilities and helping the weaknesses to progress through the game and eventually pat/mat.

2. Rrm and rwm is banned.

3. No abusing bugs or player settings. (no kill p1 and open chests on p8)

4. Player setting can be altered at any time. Do not abuse!

5. The character selection is the main part of the tournement. If person A is playing a male character (pat) then person B must play a female (mat). Also lets say that B is a trapsin. Trapsin would be considered caster so player A must use a melee character. If the player A builds a wind druid then player B must play a melee character like a MA assassin. The exception to melee skills that is kind of grey is:
Melee: Whirlwind , charged strike , all MA skills exlcuding dragon flight , smite , fire claws , rabies , pretty much anything that is not a missile. Although ranged may be harder it is still not melee and will count as a caster type build.

6. You must complete every quest and get every quest reward before the end of that difficulty. You must also get every wp. You may rerun areas but first you must finish the difficulty.

7. The winner of the tournement will be the group to finish with the most points. There will be points for different things done.

8. Atma is ok for muling off but not as an extended stash. Dont be greedy you have a melee and a caster so split gear 50/50.
For the hellforge quests after some one completes theres save and exit and do for the next person.

9. Save your best 5 items or so from your quests. The winners of the tournement will each recieve one item from every person. So you have 2 winners in this tourney. A and B win. So now C gives A an Item and D ( C's partner ) gives B an item. You decide which item to give. If you have a nice melee item you found ( lets say a azurewraith ) then you give that to the winner of the team that played the melee build. If this is confusing let me know.

10. Since this is softcore you can die. Every time you die make sure you write it down. Lets not cheat. At the end subtract 5 points for every death. Thats every death per character. So if you bolth die at the same time you lose 10 points. Completeing normal is 40 points. Completing nm is 60. Completing hell is 100. For any group over level 70 add 10 points. For any group over level 80 add 20. For each additional level over 90 and including 90 add 3 points. The point system may get a little confusing but bare with me please.

Banned builds:
Hammerdin with conc aura
Pure sorcs of one element. You must have atleast one skill maxed in another tree.
Pure javazon
Pure lite trapsin
Fishymancer
No valk zons

Dont forget to save out prizes.
Code:
Group 1
-------
Forum name    Class     Build        Level   Deaths  Group location   Points

YoungDbl      Pala(p)   ZealSmite    1       0       Act1 Wp1         0
Chasmyr       Zon (m)   Magezon      1       0

Group 2
-------

Group 3
-------

Group 4
-------

Group 5
-------

Group 6
-------

Group 7
-------

Group 8
-------

Group 9
-------

Group 10
--------
Have fun with this. It starts now! Every one else add points to your chart when you fill it in.

Sint Nikolaas

Diabloii.Net Member
Hm.. I might be tempted.. although, I don't have that much time (I'll probably spend too much time on it anyway). If I enter I'll probably have to find a partner around the Netherlands (GMT+1 like freek), but who's willing to take it slow sometimes (IE I might have something to do and be only able to play an hour one week but make up for it the other week.. I dunno).

Timinator

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
Group 1
-------
Forum name    Class     Build        Level   Deaths  Group location   Points

YoungDbl      Pala(p)   ZealSmite    1       0       Act1 Wp1         0

Group 2
-------
Timinator      Pally     Avenger  1        0         Act 1 normal
TheGentleMan   Sorc      cl/fo    1        0         Act 1 normal

Group 3
-------

Group 4
-------

Group 5
-------

Group 6
-------

Group 7
-------

Group 8
-------

Group 9
-------

Group 10
--------

Signing up for Team New Zealand ! :p, char names are Brad and Russell

YoungDbl

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks tim. I thought I might of turned you away when I disagreed with your ranged/caster points. Glad to see your not stubborn! :thumbsup: I didn't add points to the rest of the group but can you please? Atleast add it to yours. Point system is like this.
40 normal
60 nightmare
100 hell
10 lvl 70+ after mat/pat
20 lvl 80+ after mat/pat
3 per level 90+ after mat/pat

-5 per death
-3 per level under 70 after tournement ends! Every one please remember these and follow them!

Edit: Cleaned up table. Please post progress or location as act* and wp* followed by nm or hell if your past normal.

Code:
Group 1
------- 
Forum name    Class     Build        Level   Deaths  Group location     Points

YoungDbl      Pala(p)   ZealSmite    1       0       Act1 Wp1           0

Group 2
-------
Forum name     Class       Build    Level    Deaths    Group location   Points

Timinator      Pala(p)     Avenger  1        0         Act 1 wp1        0
TheGentleMan   Sorc(m)     cl/fo    1        0         

Group 3
-------
Forum name     Class     Build    Level    Deaths    Group location   Points

Group 4
-------

Group 5
-------

Group 6
-------

Group 7
-------

Group 8
-------

Group 9
-------

Group 10
--------

Code:
Group 1
------- 

YoungDbl      Pala(p)   ZealSmite    1       0       Act1 Wp1           0

Group 2
-------
Forum name     Class       Build    Level    Deaths    Group location   Points

Timinator      Pala(p)     Avenger  17        0         Act 1 wp8        0
TheGentleMan   Sorc(m)     cl/fo    16        0         

Group 3
-------

Group 4
-------

Group 5
-------

Group 6
-------

Group 7
-------

Group 8
-------

Group 9
-------

Group 10
--------
First shot at using this code thing so let's see how it goes.

Timmy and I had a pretty gg session and got up to the Inner Cloister WP. No real NDE's although we did have a bit of trouble with a LE Moon Clan boss. Completed 5/6 quests (just Andy to go) without any good finds except for Arctic Belt. Good luck to all. Hope some more people join up, it was pretty gg MPing with Tim (even though he's a total nublet).

tartanasia

Diabloii.Net Member
Surely if both partners want to play hc thats ok? Saying that If i found a UK partner or european one, I dont think my wireless net can deal with online gaming at the moment. :(

Sint Nikolaas

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
Group 1
------- 
YoungDbl      Pala(p)   ZealSmite    1       0       Act 1 Wp1          0

Group 2
-------
Timinator     Pala(p)   Avenger      17      0       Act 1 Wp8          0
TheGentleMan  Sorc(m)   cl/fo        16      0         

Group 3
-------
Freekje       Sorc(m)   Blizzball    1       0       Act 1 Wp1          0
Sint          Pala(p)   Avenger      1       0

Group 4
-------

Group 5
-------

Group 6
-------

Group 7
-------

Group 8
-------

Group 9
-------

Group 10
--------
Well, Freek talked me into it :rolleyes: ''discussed'' a few team possibilities and picked this one. Bit cheesy on the conviction + sorc, but it was one of the safer combinations. We haven't decided on who will play the pally and the sorc though, but I figured to sign up already.

Good luck to everyone. :smiley:

ps. I tidied the table up a bit.

YoungDbl

Diabloii.Net Member
Glad to see some interest! Thanks for helping roll out my first tourny! I hope things go smooth and thanks again members.:cool: