Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Clvl 99 ??

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by jimeez, Apr 1, 2005.

1. jimeez

jimeez IncGamers Member

Clvl 99 ??

How the hell do I get there? Seems like after I passed 80...it's taking forever to advance levels. I kill and kill and kill some more with very little gains. I'd love to hear the advice from the experienced players. Thanks in advance.

2. clercqer

clercqer IncGamers Member

If you want to get as much experience as possible while just 'playing', it's best that the monsters you kill have the same level as you have.
    Since (regular) monsters have (+/-) the same level as the area they dwell, it's not too hard to figure out where to go do some killin' and want the full xp for it.
    Just use something like this (click nr.3 and then scroll down 'till you find a list of the area levels).

If you just want fast leveling, join public baalruns. They tend to give quite nice xp till the late 80's. After that, it get's really hard (read: real boring) to advance even further.
    So for fast, mindless xp -> Baalruns are the way.

3. Locke07

Locke07 IncGamers Member

The honest answer is that its impossible (I use that term loosly) the only 99's you see are people that baal bot all die (which I do not condone) or play in a large group like I have done with our clans Hammerdin. It takes a lot of time from you and others wanting a character to get to 99. With our clan hammerdin we made 8 player games and the Hammerdin un-partyed would clear baal, Chaos, Pits, and every other place you could think of that had hi lvl monsters and the people use the game (our clan) as a mule park or a hell xfer game or mfed at places like meph It took about 5 months of non-stop playing from about 50 people... meaning very difficult. The only advise i can give you is play baal until about 90-94 ish and clear out chaos if you get the chance and then you don't get much exp after that in a party... So good luck.

4. Tibialposse

Tibialposse IncGamers Member

A good friend of mine has a pally on westhcl and he got to 98 without botting but he did so many Baal runs with 2-4 of his friends it would make your head spin. Its a pain in the neck to make 99 and you will be sick of playing by the time you do it because the only real xp you get is from Baal himself or Dclone and some from D. Xp is nerfed big time from monsters more than a certain amount of levels below your own(I think 5 is the magic number but not sure) and even bosses in hell are only ** except for D, Baal and Dclone so there's what you have to kill.

I have a Q for the guy who said their clan ran around with a pally who was unpartied. HOw do you get xp if he kills and you aren't partied?

5. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

the point was to get the pally to lvl 99 not everyone in the clan.

6. Tibialposse

Tibialposse IncGamers Member

thankyou----I knew I was missing something--I'm a noob

7. jTF2

jTF2 IncGamers Member

You know.. ive remade my hammerdin about 3 times. Each and everytime as soon as I hit lvl 80 (arachnid) . I completely stop doing baal runs.

What i do to gain exp is sooo easy. PIT RUNS!! Join full baal games.. party with them or w/e and just quickly teleport to the pits and start killing!

I've already done both baal runs and pits inthe same time period in 8 player games and WITHOUT a doubt. I receive more exp from pits than baal runs.

I think these are the reasons whyl......

1) I and ONLY I am killing monsters and thus I am receiveing the max amount of experience without others killing for me.

2) As for monster level, even when my hammerdin was lvl 94 I was receiveing more exp in pits than baal runs simply because there are soo many to kill down there.

3) It is extremely easy to clear out pit lvl 1, 2 in the same time period it takes for baal to unleash his 5 minion waves.

PS. MF!!!!!!

lots of socketable gears, boatload of charms, flawless gems, and the once in a while godly unique!

Now.. not many chars can efficiently kill in full pit run games in the same time it takes for one baal run to be complete. These builds come into mind because they are really the best in crowd control killing.

Hammerdin, Blizzsorc, Lit fury zon

and as a sidenote... any elemental char+infinity with merc can kill very fast too.