Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Clueless newbie with question about resistances

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Gungadin, Apr 6, 2004.

1. Gungadin

Gungadin IncGamers Member

Clueless newbie with question about resistances

Greetings my brothers and sisters, I just recently started playing Diable 2 again after laying off it for 2 years. The new 1.10 patch is great, but takes a bit of time getting used to.

Here's my question: how do resistances work?
    If I have 25% fire resistance, does that mean all fire damage I take will be reduced by 25% or does it mean that every POINT of fire damage I take has a 25% chance of being nullified?

Also, with my zeal-using Paladin, would it be a good idea to max points in Sacrifice as well as Zeal, since Sacrifice synergy gives a bonus to Zeal damage?

Thanks in advance.

2. dang79

dang79 IncGamers Member

With regard to resistances, I think its the first case.

With regard to maxing sacrifice, I think its a good idea if you are going for a straight up fana-zealot. Read the pally forum for more details.
    I've also just recently got into 1.10 after a long layoff from 1.09, hell is now much harder, w/o synergies or at least proper building of characters, they can't survive in hell like in 1.09.

3. Burnt_toasty

Burnt_toasty IncGamers Member

Its a reduction of the total dmg.

Also, read the pally forums for questions but here are some foundations. 1.10 has changed the world. Because mosnters got harder, synergiues were created to bridge the gap. Thus in this new day and age, warriors must specialize in order to MAXIMIZE dmg and stand a chance. Meaning, if your gonna zeal away your gonna max every synergy for it. Synergy being skills taht add dmg to your another skill. Synergies take into account only the base skill level. Thus a character with level 20 ZEAl and level 20 Sacrfice with +10 skills gets the (level 30 ZEAL) * (Level 20 Sacrfice Synergy). This formula adds up to intensive dmg in which you will need as monsters are nutz now.

4. Gungadin

Gungadin IncGamers Member

Thanks for the replies. I've taken to building up my zealing Paladin now :)