Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Clubs??

Discussion in 'Druid' started by PhoenixCRO, May 25, 2005.

1. PhoenixCRO

PhoenixCRO IncGamers Member

Clubs??

Seriously, what are clubs for? What on earth does that weapon do? Druids start w club, and i was said some clubs can have +druid skills, but then again other weapons can have plus to skills as well. By the time i find a club with plus skills, i'll prolly already have some other better weapon anyway.

So in short, why clubs? Who uses em in the whole game? What for?

2. Forcefeedback

Forcefeedback IncGamers Member

In theory you could find clubs with +3 to a druid skill tree and use it as a prebuff, but in reality you will find a mang's song earlier.

Some of the unique clubs aren't totally worthless, like demonlimb with its enchant and baranar's star with its elemental damage.

3. txmielnik

txmielnik IncGamers Member

Clubs are only useful to novice players who can't afford anything better, if you have been playing for a while and are still using the mighty club, than you are in serious trouble. There is no logical reason for using this weapon as your end game weapon.

Club= totally useless

4. PhoenixCRO

PhoenixCRO IncGamers Member

Well, even to a novice they r useless. I mean first thing u should do with starting druid is by a sword or something :) Or simply wait few min until monster drops some better weapon (which is any other than dagger lol). That's why im asking, clubs to me seemed useless ever since d beginning.

5. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

Untwinked: Dark Clan Crusher = Club, +2 Druid skills.

Good luck finding an easier/cheaper boost. (Well, it was until Spirit anyway)

6. Forcefeedback

Almost forgot, to build Uzziah's dual elemental druid you need a magical club. They are one of the few types of weapons that can spawn with fissure charges.

7. HardyZ

HardyZ IncGamers Member

Stoutnail is not bad for early lvling, even if Rixot's keen still beats it.

Mid-lvl clubs give easy +skills

nord's tenderizer? good end-game unique weapon
    (don't start arguing "but, BotD, etc...")
    low stats req, low clvl req, pretty good mods overall, pretty fast, 330%ed doesn't spawn on many 1-handed unique weapons, and drops pretty often, so cheap.

I've seen some zealots using ethereal demon limb as well. Not many of them, but still...(talking pvm obviously)

Well, clubs isn't the most popular type of weapons around, but to say that they are useless...

8. phool

phool IncGamers Member

aldur's isn't bad for a paladin at lvl 42. I used to use clubs for prebuff. But yeah, why do so many seem to boost druid lvls? A 2-handed axe that boosts druid lvls would be a lot nicer...

9. jgreg7

jgreg7 IncGamers Member

That would be Islestrike. Too bad it isn't faster.

10. ahcw

ahcw IncGamers Member

Well, for starting out purposes, using a club on a shifter druid is better than a sword. The reason being that they attack much faster with clubs. As for end game clubs, look at HardyZ's post.

Saying that clubs are completely and totally useless is just......bleh

11. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Well in the old days when i didn't know most items i thought this person was fooling around at the trading channels spamming for a 'Cruel Walking Stick of Quickness' so i thought it was funny that something old people use to facilitate walking could spawn with the cruel prefix lol. Ok ok O/T!

12. Jerion

Jerion IncGamers Member

I believe that Griswold's Caddy is a club :)

13. Forcefeedback

Its not, its a sceptre. Being a paladin set and everything with the vortex shield...

14. rawrj

rawrj IncGamers Member

what are you on about the best end of game club is the club you get when you first start and you use you hell imbue quest and its always godly woot, you dont know what you talking about 1-3 fire damage you cant beat that

15. harley98

harley98 IncGamers Member

i read somewhere druids are more proficient(skilled) with a mace type weapon(specifically a 2 handed one) than with a sword, axe, or other weapon. i use a unique scepter(its a mace type weapon) with my druid.

16. MrGoth

MrGoth IncGamers Member

~

Wirts leg is a club, and we would have never had the migthy wirtadin's runing around for a while without that good ol leach's club.

The imbued legs are quite nice actually, and i've seen one sell for alot when it came with +druid skills...that or because it was bright green...

Either way, if your going to call banaras a club, when its really a mace, then you might as well call ik maul, cranium basher, and windhammer clubs too, and those are all gg fury weapons. Hell even ebotd ogre maul and ebotd archon staff would fall in with these as a club.

17. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Hmm... Can you imbue Wirt's to get +2 all, then imbue, then upgrade to an axe with the same stats?

18. GargonCerlan

GargonCerlan IncGamers Member

What exactly is a club with respect to the chance to gain druid skills on it? Is it the entire mace class, just called a "club", or is it only the normal-elite items that resemble a tree branch? (club and spiked club item types)

19. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

You have to be really pushing the +skills for a club of slvl 7 fissure to beat out hexfire, or other +skills 1 handed weapon. But the strongest weapon for that build is a +3 elemental club of fissures slvl 7. It's a 1/300000 chance per magical club found at a high enough ilvl. good luck getting it.

Clubs can be good, its just a matter of taste as to which weapon your character wants to use. Personally I perfer scepters to clubs, maces, 1h swords. But to each his own.