Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

closed realm character

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by ShiKuoWei, Sep 22, 2006.

1. ShiKuoWei

ShiKuoWei IncGamers Member

closed realm character

I'm assuming that there is no way for me to get my closed realm character save, copy it, and put it in SP. Cause I really don't want to do all those quests over again and I'd like to use my assassin I use via B.net. My other alternative, I'm guessing would to be to try and edit a new SP character with a Hero Edit program? But if there is some way for me to get a copy of my closed realm character and use it in SP, I would surely like to know about it.

2. SirDooFuss

SirDooFuss IncGamers Member

Nope, you cannot move anything between open (single player) and closed realms. I know nothing about editors and don't want to know anyway. Why do you want to move it to SP anyway? /players8 ? rerunable maps? ATMA?

3. ShiKuoWei

ShiKuoWei IncGamers Member

i'd be able to do my own thing, not worry about 'speed runing' or giving free quests. I want to play the game fully and have it not ruined by some jackass, that's why sp. so, in case something happens on the Closed Realm, I still have my character in SP. so I guess I'll just try and copy the stats I have in my closed realm character with a Hero Editor into SP, sounds like the only way.

4. mr hamster

mr hamster IncGamers Member

Trust me...bnet is much safer...i mean if you don't want people messing up the game, then just play solo, with passworded games...and not everyone on bnet is a jackass, there are some truly good (read: rich) people

By the way, i don't think sp is safer...i used to play pure sp before i got bnet, and well...my CD exploded on me. Without a backup CD, i couldn't play any of my chars...if that happened to me on bnet...i could've just gotten a new CD key and keep playing

5. SirDooFuss

Or you could follow my example. I play almost exclusively realm solo. Only entering multi games to trade. The only thing I have to worry about is character expiration and lag.:tongue:

Mr. Hamster: Do you mean your hard disk? It's easy to replace a cd...

6. mr hamster

mr hamster IncGamers Member

eh...i'm a total noob when it comes to computers...yea my CD exploded...like...shattered into pieces and took out my CD drive...so it took me like a week to get another CD drive working
    and then i couldn't revive my old chars :undecided:

7. Inokis

Inokis IncGamers Member

blizzard reimburses shattered cd's for free since its a production flaw. You could have easily gotten a new copy.

8. SirDooFuss

Not exactly free. They charge $10.

http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=adt0133p

Do you have another link?