Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Cloned Diablo

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Der Gamer, Apr 7, 2004.

1. Der Gamer

Der Gamer IncGamers Member

Cloned Diablo

Yeah, i know this has been beaten to death..but I was just wondering how you get him..New to the forums by the way..

2. svata

svata IncGamers Member

It is simple. Make a hell game and sell lots of SOJS.

But without lots of SOJs you can sell one to start the soj counter in your game and other games on that server. If you are is a game with SOJ counter active you can wait and wait and wait there or try to make a private game on that server. Below is a method to find your server. You can then speed things up by announcing the server number, here and on bnet channels, and the public game name.

Ok, I'm gonna post something here that some may not like but it's public knowledge and requires no 3rd party program or hacks but can and will produce clones. Here is how it works. I'm gonna explain this in terms that ALL views should understand. All 4 Relams run on a set of "servers". Each realm contains about 200 of these "servers". In saying that, each realm shares the same servers reguardless if it is a HC, Ladder, Non-Ladder game. This means this, If I'm playing a USEAST LADDER game on server xxx.xxx.234.4000 and I see the SOJ counter counting, then ALL games on that server, to include HC, and non-ladder games also will see the counter going. Now, we all know that 99.9% of all SOJs sold are non-ladder. This is why when you are in a ladder game and see the SOJ counter going, Diablo clone may spawn. So, the trick is to find out what the server # is of those that are selling SOJ's in a non-ladder game. Well, here is how.

1. Go to battle.net forums.
    2. Go to the "General Gamplay Discussion Forum" (this is where most of the game #'s are posted)
    3. Look for a posted title something like this, "Sell SOJ's on .143"
    4. To keep it simple we will say .143 is the server #. So now you need to find a game with that SAME server #. Here is how to find out what server the game you are currently in is.
    5.ALT-TAB out of your game and Click on Start (toolbar)
    6. Click on Run
    7. Type the following in the box: CMD
    8. A window will open with a blinking "_"
    9. Type: Netstat
    10. You will then get a set of numbers, usually 3-6.
    11. Look for the set of #'s that ends in .4000
    12. The 3 numbers BEFORE the .4000, represent the server number for the game you are in. For example, if the last 7 numbers are .143.4000 , then you are on the right server.
    13. If the number is not .143.4000 then you are not on the right server. You now have to leave the game you are in, create a new one, alt-tab out and repeat the process. It may seem like a lot of work but i'm now able to do it about 6 times a minute. It may take a while but you will eventually get it. I've done this over 20 times in the last 4 days and have got a charm EVERY TIME. As soon as you see a post on the forumn that someone is seling on a server, get to work and find that server. Then wait it out.

FACTS ABOUT DIABLO CLONE.

1. He can and will spawn in NM but will not drop a charm.
    2. Even if you allready have a charm in your inv, he will drop another. To view it simpley drop yours and pick up the new one to id it.
    3. In my 20+ times to fight the clone, it has taken 60-100 sojs being sold to make him spawn. Just becasue you join a random game and he spawns, dosn't mean that players wern't selling SOJs hours before.
    4. It can take up to 6 hours to get him to spawn if non-ladder players are not selling SOJs fast enough. Normaly it takes an hour or so to get the word out that MAss SOJ selling is happening on a certain server.
    5. If your Char isn't UBER, you will need help. Don't listen to those that have said "I killed the clone in about 30 seconds, I kicked his A$$." I've fought the clone SOLO and in groups, 90+ level charaters and he is HARD.
    6. The SOJ counter has started on an even number EVERYTIME. For example, if you enter a game and it says "2109 SOJs sold to Merchants" This means that 9 SOJ;s have been sold on that server, not 2109.

Well, good luck, I hope you get a chance at a Charm. With the mass dupe of Runes, expect to see the Value of Ann Charms go WAY UP.

3. Wolv

Wolv IncGamers Member

Its averaging around 100 soj to pop. Walks are becoming less frequent now (no surprise there). Unless a pop is organized, it can take days before a ip pops after you've seen a few sales on it....Fewer available soj now = slower sales.

And DC can easily be taken out in 30 secs. Depends on what kinda char you have. My crappy IK barb takes 5-10 minutes. My lvl 80 hammerdin takes 30 seconds (12k hammers)

4. Phresh

Phresh IncGamers Member

so there is no way to join games of a specific server type or is it all random?

5. Der Gamer

Der Gamer IncGamers Member

damn, now that i know this..I remember this one game, it popped up like 6 or 7 times..the SOJ sold to merchent thing that is. I'm afraid i cant sell an SOJ that i dont have..heh..but i will take that tip for whenever i see SOJs being sold. Now, do i have to do all that b.net forum stuff if I already see that sojs are being sold? Like..what can i do if SOJs start being sold already..make hell games?