Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Clone tracking

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Jaldert, Jan 29, 2004.

1. Jaldert

Jaldert IncGamers Member

Clone tracking

Hi all,

This thread is all about the Diablo Clone!

I have seen people find the clone 7x in one week!!!!!

It seems they track the IP number of the game...

Does anyone know's how the clone spawns (sojs) and how you can find him the fastest way?

Thanks all,
    Jaldert

2. Azonian

Azonian IncGamers Member

Hey MODERATORS..I just want to make sure its okay to let them know where to go. Post a reply please.

3. GIR

GIR Banned

It's real easy. All it takes is some patience.

First, get a virgin. (You know, one of those people who spend all day playing Diablo II. You can't throw a severed hand around here without hitting one.) Tie it down to an Altar of Evil.

Next, dig a moat-like pit around the Altar of Evil, then fill it with really sharp, pointy, upward-facing sticks.

Important!: Make sure your virgin is bleeding just a little. Ol' DC just loves that fresh virgin blood smell. Make's him go crazy.

Following that, you hide behind a nearby tree/rock/chubby lady hiding in some bushes/whatever, and wait.

Eventually, DC should come, and fall into your clever (since it was though up by me) trap.

Now's your chance! You have but one thing left to do!

Get your Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, and consult the Book of Armaments.

What? You don't have a Book of Armaments? Amatuer...

Fine, I'll do all the work for you...

The Book of Armaments, Chapter Two, verses Nine through
    Twenty-One.

"And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." And the Lord did grin. And the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths, and carp and anchovies, and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit-bats and large chu.."

Eh, we'll skip a bit...​

"And the Lord spake, saying, 'First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."

Yes, by following these easy instructions, you too can find, and kill, the might Diablo Clone yourself! Take the you stupid Blessed Hammer Paladins and Lightning Sentry Assassins!​

Oh, and on a final note... if you do doubt your courage or your strength, do not attempt this, for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth. ​

4. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

I wasted last 3 virgins in the town following your receipt and he didn´t com... :(

5. GIR

GIR Banned

Time to move to a new town. Only 3 virgins? That wouldn't satisfy my personal fetishes for more than a day, tops. How can people live like that?

And you know, as my absolutely genius method becomes more publicly know, there's going to be some competition out there. Like I said first and foremost, it takes patience, and waiting.

If the new town thing doesn't work out for you, find someone on this board who has over 1,000 or so posts, and stuff them in a sack, and drag them away to your Altar of Evil. There's a 90% chance that you'd have just bagged yourself a virgin there. If not, try again.

6. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

An excelent idea :clap: I´m going to start it just NOW.....

Hallo girls! :jig:

7. GIR

GIR Banned

Yes, yes. Praise me!

8. warlock_666

warlock_666 IncGamers Member

nice idea about the holy handgrenede GIR,

o wait it wasnt ur idea it was.....

MONTY PYTHONS!!!!!!

lol nice use of it tho, great film, great film

9. Crogon

Crogon IncGamers Member

1) All but the most dedicated clone hunters would be lucky to find 7 clones in one week.

2) Each server you connect to in a game has a specific IP (duh!). Also when the clone spawns on a server, he spawns in all of the games on that server (Duh! take two).

With this in mind, you could potentially, find a server that you know a friend is selling Soj's on. Unfortunatly there are 255 different servers on each realm, and creating a game picks one randomly. Hence, your friend will probably need to sit in a game for hours before the two of you end up on the same server.

3) The clone spawns after between 20 and 100+ Soj's are sold to vendors. Once the clone spawns, it's internal ticker starts over. Plan on shelling out another 20-100+ Soj's to get him again. Don't forget that he will NEVER spawn in the same game twice.

You may hear rumors of bots which find the clone. 99.9% of these 'bots' are Trojan programs which infect you with a key logger or a cd key stealer. There is a new twist though, some of the clone 'bots' cause you to create a game, drop all of your items, and then leave the game. :p

While checking which IP your game is on, is not necessarily against battle.net rules, using a bot designed to manipulate the game is. Even if your best friend wrote a bot which you know is safe, because you watched him do it, you can still (and more than likely will) get your cd key and accounts banned for using it. Considering the time and risk involved, you are much better off forgetting about the bots and IP addresses and jumping in and out of games every few minutes looking for one where the Soj counter is moving. -IF- you manage to find a game where the Soj counter is moving, plan on staying in that game for between 1-5 hours, and the counter will probably eventually get high enough to allow the Clone to spawn.

Anyone who says that this information is not true is either lieing or an idiot. None the less, Gir's method may also work, I haven't tried it yet. It certainly sounds like a lot more fun, playing with virgins and all. :xgrin:

Still, one wonders what Invader Zim would think, if he knew that Gir was wandering around playing with pointy sticks and virgins. :eek:

10. GIR

GIR Banned

Hey, if it can work on that vicious rabbit, I'm sure it can work on a Diablo Clone.

Plus, it gives me an excuse to round up virgins...

11. Azonian

Azonian IncGamers Member

And just in case you dont know how to find out the ip for your game

Alt tab out of your game pull up the run command if you have XP or msdos prompt if you have 98. Type in netstat and look for a ip adress ending in 4000. The number before it is the server number

12. Avatra

Avatra IncGamers Member

and if u got a wierd xp like me type in Cmd in the run window then search for netstat its kinda har to se the numbers that are flashing by

13. Crogon

Crogon IncGamers Member

no, no, thats perfectly normal. On a Win9x machine you will need to type command instead of cmd. also try netstat -n and see how that works out for you. :D

just out of curiosity, did anyone notice the bit where I mentioned that it can take hours to find one particular server? O well, long as your having fun. ;)

14. octa24

octa24 IncGamers Member

i'm using xp and can't use neither netstat nor netstat -n because the window only flash for less than a second.

cmd works. though none of the address ending in 4000. *shrug*

though i won't hunting d-clone based on this, luck is much better.

15. joepublic

joepublic IncGamers Member

I like to use the virgins to summon Dclone. Then, as soon as he's get within site, I deflower her. Boy does that piss him off. Works just like tuant. he cant hit me and if he did, it would be luaghable.

16. TheAntiHero

TheAntiHero Banned

anni is common now because of this trick

17. Jaldert

Jaldert IncGamers Member

Does anyone knows how to find a a game wich is HOT?

18. stzein

stzein IncGamers Member

I can't believe all the greedyness out there...
    In 1.10, there's a rare bonus in the game called 'uber diablo'. That bonus is known to drop a ridiculously overpowered item (yes it is). So how does half the diablo-playing public react? "I want that, NOW!" I'll let you in on a secret: there's a really easy way to get ALL THE ITEMS YOU WANT! Play single player, use a mod. There's a cube-mod out there that lets you create any unique/set item in the game (1.10). annihilus is one of those items.

So go download that mod and have fun (if having acces to all the best items in the game is what you consider fun....)

19. Jaldert

Jaldert IncGamers Member

I dissagree on this one.

Items on Multiplayer still drop randomly effected by the MF you have.
    The same is for Diablo Clone.

We know were to find Mephisto, and now we know how to find the Clone.

Finding the clone is a lot harder (and I have not try'd it yet, don't need the charm either because I play hammer pala).

20. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Sorry, but you confused it with the ritual necessary to slay one of the rabbits from the Bloody Hills in act 5. Ask the barbarian in the Eastern portion of Harrogath who roasts one - did you ever ask yourself why his rabbit is that much bigger than the ones running around outside ?

And IIRC only the Diablo Clone can drop the Holy Handgrenade, but he will do so only if he is slain in melee by a character wearing the full cow set, Wirret's leg with the Fury runeword and nothing else.