Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Clone observation

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Stumanchu, Mar 22, 2004.

1. Stumanchu

Stumanchu IncGamers Member

Clone observation

I was in a trade game when the soj counter started to go up, I needed the charm and decided the best thing to do was try and spawn him somewhere I could kill him and not be disturbed. I was fighting to get xp anyways and there were only 3 people in the game. I thought a good place to spawn him would be thresh socket, so I cleared the crystalline passage all the way to the arreat entrance and waited. Diablo walked, and I went outside and saw that diablo wasnt there but thresh was. I quickly went to town and entered niths temple and diablo was there instead of pindle. I killed diablo and got my charm.

I guess that I got too close to the arreat entrance in the crystaline passage, so that even though I had not gone outside, the game spawned thresh socket already, so that unique monster was no longer availabe as the "next unique monster you encounter." I guess the game will spawn monsters in an area that you have to walk out of a opening or door to get to if you are close enough to the entrance/ exit.

Stu

2. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

it had probably "pre-loaded" the area just outside where thresh was, since if it had to load up once you stepped out ol' thresh and his pals probably would've gottena few free swings in before your comp had finished loading it

3. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

I've had this happen lots of times. I've made it a habit to never set foot in Stony Field so I can be sure to spawn him on Rakinishu in case other choice spots were all ready cleared or preloaded.

4. Vagranticide

Vagranticide IncGamers Member

How do you spawn him to begin with?

How do you know when or where he's going to spawn? Is it possible to make him spawn each time you see the SOJ ticker?

Thanks~~

5. Dredd

Super Diablo is spawned by players selling sojs on the same IP as the game you happen to be playing in. Once enough sojs are sold (a random number between 70-150), he will walk the earth (hell games only).

Once Super D walks, he will replace the Super-unique boss nearest to any player in the game. Knowing this, you can choose exactly which boss you want to swap.

Yes, it is possible to make him walk anytime you see the counter, provided enough sojs are sold -- you might end up waiting a bloody long time though. And no, you don't have to sell any yourself; you can just wait around in your game and hope enough sellers do the job for you.

Hope that all made sense. Tired this morning. :yawn:

6. Vagranticide

Vagranticide IncGamers Member

Yes that made perfect sense, thank you.

Now another question... How do you get a 10% charm to drop? Does it depend on which boss he spawns on or the amount of MF you have, or is it just completely random?

~Thanks again

7. Dredd

Totally random. However, I've seen more perfect +%xp ones drop than the other mods -- if perfect xp is what's most important to you, odds are you'll get one.

Of course, there are a ton of annis out there for trade; you can always trade the one you get for one with more desirable mods. If you go this route, please take my advice and do your trading here on the forums. The BNet channels are full of scammers. :)

8. Daedin

Daedin IncGamers Member

Are player still spawing DC??? I haven't seen the SOJ counter for months

9. klingen

klingen IncGamers Member

Yeah almost every day, and sometimes multiple times per day.

10. Wolv

Wolv IncGamers Member

There have only been 2 walks the past 3 days on mIRC channel.

Soj are running out....