Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Cloak of Shadow

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Winds_of_Dawn, Feb 9, 2004.

1. Winds_of_Dawn

Winds_of_Dawn IncGamers Member

Cloak of Shadow

I asked a azn to cast COS on my pally today, his COS should -63% of my def, but when I checked my def, it only drop from 13k+ to 12k+, nothing close to 63%. Is that just a display bug or it only reduces the def from the armors not the skills(such as holy shield, shout, iron skin etc.)?

2. eclipsedk

eclipsedk IncGamers Member

It's because CoS only lowers the base defense (pre defiance, holyshield etc,)

3. Winds_of_Dawn

Winds_of_Dawn IncGamers Member

Oh, so let's say I have a Lv35 COS(-95% def), my oppo. has 2000 def b4 casting holy shield. After I cast my COS, his base def will redeced to only 100, so even if he casts holy shield, it won't help much becasue his base def is very low?

4. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

If a pala has 3000 defense before defiance / holy shield , and 30.000 after holy shield and defiance , then -90% from CoS will make the 30k only 27,3k (30.000 - 3000 * 0,9). That's an asswhooping 2,7k less defense. :) Which doesn't sound to much. You still have a way to low chance to actually score a hit , so it's useless to pump CoS.

5. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

ahh... well, its ok for that purpose, but reallly i use it with nosferatu and other -light gear and massive runwalk and flight to hunt people

6. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

-light radius only works for the person wearing it. If you have -2 light radius on 1 of your items your vision will go down , not the other persons. And another thing , With cloak of shadows you already have the least sight to begin with. IIRC the normal light radius was 13. 8 was the least you can go and 18 is the max. CoS already brings it down to 8.

7. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

ew thats dumb

in d1 light was light

8. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

Well this isn't D1. :) And the light radius thing was like that in classic too IIRC. so it's been like that since the beginning of DII.