Clever play in high school football game

PatMaGroin

Diabloii.Net Member
bg1256 said:
What bothers me about this play the most is the fact that the head coach is interfering with the play on the field.
In my opinion, that's no worse than a loud crowd disrupting audibles and coverage calls.

Stompwampa

Diabloii.Net Member
PatMaGroin said:
In my opinion, that's no worse than a loud crowd disrupting audibles and coverage calls.

Yea, but the head coach is part of the team and he also has to abide by the rules of the game. Not that there's neccessarily a rule on this, but it's the principle of the thing.

The coach never went on the field. He had a piece of game equipment in his hands and was messing with it, I don't think he even responded. Again, the other team fell for a clever play.

Stompwampa

Diabloii.Net Member
{KOW}Spazed said:
The coach never went on the field. He had a piece of game equipment in his hands and was messing with it, I don't think he even responded. Again, the other team fell for a clever play.

I'm not going to say it wasn't clever, but it was pretty tacky, and cowardly.

PlagueBearer

Diabloii.Net Member
Stompwampa said:
I'm not going to say it wasn't clever, but it was pretty tacky, and cowardly.
Tacky implies that it had no style: it did.

Cowardly implies that it carried no risks: it did.

I think the real value of a play like this is psycological. This was the first offensive play, and the whole rest of the game the other team was dealing with their shame.

dirkdig

Diabloii.Net Member
{KOW}Spazed said:
My school is known for football more than our academics(we do a hell of a lot better in academics too) and I have to say the majority of the football team is scarily stupid. I'm not saying all football players are dumb, but if they do one thing(football) they should know that time was never called and that the handoff was a valid start to a play. They should also know there is only one type of ball in their sport.

I don't think it is poor sportsmanship, it is creative and just went outside the normal paradigm. If your team cannot adapt and pay attention then you deserve to lose. Just because it's different doesn't mean it is bad.
there's more than one type of football... there's the kicking ball and the QB throwing/running ball used in the offense. Given that this was the first offensive play of the game, right after a kickoff, I can see how this could confuse a defense.

Gibbzilla

Diabloii.Net Member
I always have to mute youtube videos because of the stupid music.

Dante Hall was non-existant last year. Still a great kick returner, though.