Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

clearing up the D3 gameplay

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by derek39, Jun 27, 2008.

?

are you still gonna play it if its pay to play

1. Yes, i'll still play it if its MMO.

19 vote(s)
    59.4%
  2. *whines* i already payed for the game why should i pay more blah blah...

15 vote(s)
    46.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. derek39

derek39 IncGamers Member

clearing up the D3 gameplay

ok im back again to post an entirely new thread not based on WHATS coming out but rather. what style is it? if diablo what can we expect? well i cant answer much for i myself know as much as you about what the hell we are going to hear tommarow.

anyways i was surfing the blizzard is hiring page (the U.S. page)(the European sites do not have the same info)

heres link: http://www.blizzard.com/us/jobopp/

and noticed a few things. they need a concept artist for a NEXT GEN MMO. and also a tech. artist for a next gen mmo, a 3d enviornment artist for next gen MMO and a character artist for the next gen MMO. could this mean that D3 is going to be MMO? well i thought about it and possibly yes. but then i thought D3 has been a thought for a VERY long time in blizz company. so its most likely that they have already begun developing it for quite some time now. but then if thats not the case we may be in for a VERY long wait for our precious sequel. i say MMO or not ill still play it =]

2. DarkGoat

DarkGoat IncGamers Member

Re: clearing up the D3 gameplay

I don't care whether it's pay or not. If its MMO I'm not playing. If it's ARPG, I'm playing.

3. derek39

derek39 IncGamers Member

i dont get it...if you pay to play youll do it but if its MMO you wont? what if its same style as older games but MMO? its not like all MMOs are WoW based

4. DarkGoat

What do you mean same style as older games but MMO? Is ARPG the same as MMO? No. I'll play it if its ARPG.

5. Kiroptus

Kiroptus IncGamers Member

ARPGs are very diferent from MMOs. People have to get that into their heads.

6. derek39

derek39 IncGamers Member

lol...you obviously dont know MMOs action RPGs CAN be MMOs just take mythos (which is being deveploped by an D2 dev.) and its MMO and top down D2 style. not point and click which is what i think your talking about. also age of conan is hack n slash MMO you dont just right click the enemy to attack there either. MMO games can be anything man. MMO just means theres a Mass population online at once it doesnt define the style...

or do you mean storywise? cause MMO stories are drastically different than normal games

im sorry if im misunderstanding you though.

7. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

I would respond to your poll, however I do not whine. I make my decision to pay or not based on what I consider worthwhile. This depends on the gameplay, the look, the development of the game and whether I can justify money that should pay my mortgage going to a game.

I suppose it is different if it comes of the pocket money mum and dad give you. :)

Oh and derek. You've got two warnings about language today; you might want to ease up on the postings. No one needs to post after every response; that's spam. Dii.net rules, link in my sig.

8. Vertigo X

Vertigo X IncGamers Member

If it were like Diablo 2, I wouldn't care. I would decide after playing for a bit whether it lives up to Diablo's and Diablo 2's legacy. I imagine having thousands of people in the same game would seem a bit weird but who knows. =]

9. DarkGoat

Yes derek, MMOs can be RPGs. They're called MMORPGs. MMORPGs are not the same as ARPGs.

10. Kiroptus

Kiroptus IncGamers Member

Mythos isnt a MMO. Its an instanced game.

MMO is a term that is being way too overused, I have seen people calling gunbound, Bomberman online, etc... MMOs!

Its just an instanced server with chat channels. MMOs need a persistent world. Mythos and HGL are just an instanced world. Companies love the overuse of MMOs because it gets quickly associated with being worthy of receiving a sub-fee and lots of people defend that pretty much every online game is a freaking MMO.

And the problem with Diablo being a MMO is because its just out of synch with what was so attractive on its gameplay, which is few humans versus a horde of demons. True MMOs, with persistent worlds, end up clutering way too many players in a single run, which not only kills the atmosphere but just was never what diablo was about, diablo was about being a super-powerful hero that can kick the crap out of hell without the need of other 39 players to help him.

11. Flux

Flux Administrator

ahh yes, the key to a quality poll; objective, unbiased language in the proposition and the selection choices.:rolf:

12. Dorfoumous

Dorfoumous IncGamers Member

Heck No.

If it is a MMO I will not play it.

I will boycott it, just like I do with every MMO Pay 2 Play.

13. Me2NiK

Me2NiK IncGamers Member

Now you see the problem here runs deeper than simply a game costing $15 a month to play. When games have monthly fee they are inherently designed differently; they are designed to keep people to continue paying these monthly fees and not necessarily so that the person who plays the game will have a fun and memorable time. We have to analyze two different money-making structures here.

In a pay-once environment where you pay $60 to play the game, the developer is reliant on the consumer/reviewer buying the game and thinking to themselves "damn this is a good game" and thereby recommending said game to all of his/her friends/readers.
    In a pay-to-play environment where you pay $60 to play the game and $15 every month thereafter, the developer is reliant on the players continuing to play and not necessarily the fun factor and enjoyment derived. If WoW is any indiciation, there are many ways to encourage a player to keep playing that may or may not be fun.

If Blizzard made it pay to play but it played EXACTLY like as if it was not pay to play, then yes, I would certainly pay for it. But coming from someone who has been a paying subscriber of WoW in the past, if the game is designed simply to keep me playing then I will just continue playing Diablo 2.

14. derek39

derek39 IncGamers Member

lol i did make it biased because i dont really care if its pay to play or not lol =P

15. stillman

stillman IncGamers Member

The poll is biased and is doomed to yield the result you want. Having "whines" and "blah blah" in one of the options is too qualitative (i. e. has too much emotional tone).

It's like saying "This is a taste test. Do you prefer to drink Pepsi or are you a complete loser who prefers Coke instead?"

Yes, I know how your individual vote is not viewed by others, but the bias is there and the poll results are therefore invalid.