Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

clear evidence of D3

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by godzilla99s, Jun 2, 2008.

1. godzilla99s

godzilla99s IncGamers Member

clear evidence of D3

http://www.blizzard.com/us/jobopp/
    If you check out all the job openings its pretty clear what they are up too.
    The TOP SECRET listings all generally refer to a 3D game, from artists to developers and more.So the secret game is gonna be most likely 3D.
    Diablo 1 and 2 are referred too in several posts of the jobs, unlikely that they would specify just those 2 games when looking for employees.If i had a fast food chain named xyz and put out a job listing for a counter position, and said it was the business that gave you the xyz burger, then its fair to assume.So the secret game is likely gonna be d3 or very much like d3.
    Also, it constantly says next-gen MMO in the job postings for this secret team,again you must conclude that is is just that, a MMO, and will most likely have a subscriber fee, which is fine if they constantly update things and such as in WoW.
    I think the link works, but if it doesn't just go to blizzard's employment page and its right there.
    Whether or not they announce it in june or during blizzcon, i think the next game will be either D3 or a game just like it.(hoping for d3 myself)
    We all have been waiting too long for d3 and hopefully something is announced, after playing d2 for about 4 or 5 years i'm burnt out and most out my friends have stopped playing in the last year, so blizzard for heavens sakes release this damn thing.

2. Bunty

Bunty Banned

Re: clear evidence of D3

a next gen mmo....hmm looking good

Just seems like it's faaaarrr away though

3. Marius

Marius IncGamers Member

If you look closer, you will see that the job postings that are for the MMO don't mention the diablo games, while the job postings that do not intend an MMO do mention the diablo franchise. I think Blizzard have more than one project, one is an MMO that could be anything, and one is Diablo 3, in which they stick to the old concept; i.e., since the Diablo concept is the diablo games, or it is its appeal, and to change it into an MMORPG would just lessen their audience since they can equally well make another MMORPG and still keep the diablo games running in order to cover both fronts.

4. Flux

Flux Administrator

This is covered in some detail on the Diablo 3 page of the wiki with links and quotes and such. I believe that's where it was first noted that the mystery bliz jobs are either "next gen mmo" or "the team that made diablo 2" but not both. (I hadn't seen anyone else make that analysis when i wrote that part of the d3 page in February, anyway.)

http://www.diabloii.net/wiki/Diablo_3#Top_Secret.2C_Non-MMO.3F

5. uacs

uacs IncGamers Member

Remember some time ago there was an announcement about job listing for a special "team 3" , and Blizz representatives promised it to be "something awesome". Well that team 3 turned out into WoW:WotLK, hope we dont get heart broken like that again :'(.