Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Clean Slate Barb Build!

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by psychotik__, Feb 21, 2004.

1. psychotik__

psychotik__ IncGamers Member

Clean Slate Barb Build!

Hey,
    I'm totally new to these forums but I really like what i've seen so far. Anyways, i'm sort of a battle.net diablo II LoD rookie and i'm looking for some advice. On single player diablo i've really liked the barb so lately i've been building a polearm WW barb but from researching it more i believe i spread out my stat points too much and invested too much into ironskin. That barb is level 69 with a decent 230dmg polearm. I started a new barb recently and here's his situation:

Level 53
    Str 97
    Dex 38
    Vit 100

Stat points accumulated: 100 (waiting to be pumped into attributes)
    Skill points accumulated: 34 (waiting to be put into skills), i already maxed BO

Now, i'm not sure what to do with this guy. Some people tell me to go for a titan barb with nothing but strength and some people tell me to pump it ALL into vitality.

My main goal with this guy is to build a barb which performs the best in ACT 5 hell mode. So what should i be looking to do with this guy? WWbarb? berzerk barb? conc barb (like i see as a sticky at the top of this section)?

The items i was planning to use go as follows:
    Arreat's face, steelrend, war traveler, thundergod's visor, leviathan, BOTD war pike. If i'm correct, all those items should give me enough STR to equip leviathan no problem, not even having to touch my str as it sits now at 97. But i still don't know which route i wanna take.

So like i said, any suggestions on the best barb to build for act 5 hell mode pleasure? I was kinda thinking of spear mastery but i'm open to suggestions :) it's just that the 1200-1300 max damage of a BOTD war pike sounds attractive :) Especially with a lil life and mana leech ring perhaps.

Thanks for any input and your opinion.

PS: If you've had experience with any type of high level barb and would suggest avoiding it plz let me know.

2. JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS

JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS Banned

Few things, Try using botd ghost spear or great poleaxe, they meet the 2nd ww bp. Also you might have to pump str a bit more, not too sure though. I would go with the vit build, alot of the baddie sin a5 can chop your life down real fast and with only like 1200 life with a titan, you will die. I would go with a ww/bo/shout/mastery/rest in iron skin build, with 1 pt in conc and zerk.

3. psychotik__

psychotik__ IncGamers Member

could you explain to me why you suggested the skill allocation you did? is WW more useful in hell than berzerk?

4. JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS

JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS Banned

Zerk is good for a 1 point wonder, but maybe its just me I don't like running around killing everything 1 hit at a time, with 0 def. ww is just a good pvm/pvp barb skill, and shout/bo/weapon mastery is pretty much a given for any barb build.

5. ploof

ploof IncGamers Member

yeah, I'd agree, especially without a shield.

I've only built one barb in 1.1 myself, it's pretty much a duplicate of hal's conc build, and it rocks, but I think that with a spear you'd want to be getting maximum benifit from it's reach (damage radius, whatever?) and hitting as many people as you could as fast as possible...

just thoughts though. I think in the end most barbs end up pretty much the same. Sorta. :idea: