Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

clay golem?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Enilias, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Enilias

Enilias IncGamers Member

clay golem?

In a few levels I'll have maxed Skeletal Mastery, Raise Skeleton, Skeletal Mage and Corpse Explosion. Also I have 1 point in Bone Armor, every curse except the ai curses as well as Summon Resist and Revive. I'll have just a few points to spare (4 or so, I'm not counting on ever reaching level 99). I'm wondering if someone has good ideas where to put them.
    Bone Armor seemed like a good idea at first, but I'm hardly ever getting hit in melee. Scince it doesn't stop elemental damage, I'm thinking about putting a few points in Clay Golem. I know he can already tank quite well, but a bit more life for him surely can't hurt? Any ideas?

2. thefranklin

thefranklin IncGamers Member

For more life, it would be better to use golem mastery.

And does he ever die? I used to use clay non-stop, loved the slow. But then I tried making an iron golem out of the minotaur ancient axe, and it owns. It has cb and slow, which was perfect for bosses.

But I died when I CE'd stupid dolls in the Durance of Hate.

But I did make one out of insight, and he survives everything so far, taken him to every act. He even survives IM, unlike my merc.

3. garion

garion IncGamers Member

all you need is 1pt in to clay golem and golem mastery and he will be just fine =)

4. Enilias

Enilias IncGamers Member

Well, I know he'll be fine. My necro is lvl 84 and the golem is quite fine throughout every act in hell, I'm just wondering where I should put those spare skill points I'll get.
    I hardly ever really use bone armor, but clay golem seemed like an option where I'm not wasting them. I could be wrong about that though, hence my question. :)

5. Frundsmb

Frundsmb IncGamers Member

On my old Summoner, I put 10 points into Clay Golem and 10 points into Golem Mastery, which yields you the highest amount of hit points for the Clay Golem, plus it costs a skill point less then maxxing either GM or CM and having a single point in the other.

I figured a tougher Clay Golem would be better than having a few extra yards of Corpse Explosion. Especially if I wanted to fight the Ubers a lot!

I WAS WRONG!

You can tell when an Uber is targetting your Clay Golem. He will die in seconds. Seconds! Don't put more than a point in golem mastery or in any golem, that is my advice!

My new Summoner has 20 RS, 20 SM, 20 RM, and 20 CE. At level 95, I can put one point in every skill offered to a Necromancer. So that is what I did. 20 points in RS, SM, RM, and CE, and one point in ALL the rest.

6. Enilias

Enilias IncGamers Member

Ah, ok, thanks :)

7. PheonixLeader

PheonixLeader IncGamers Member

1pts in clay golem/mastery.

PvP and PvM : Slow thing vs others and kind of a ~Shield~.