Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Clay Golem worth it now?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Gaelyn, Jan 31, 2004.

1. Gaelyn

Gaelyn IncGamers Member

Clay Golem worth it now?

Hello, all. I'm new to the forums, but old to D2. Haven't played in a while, though, and this site hasn't updated it's Character Skills pages yet. I'm building a Bonemancer. I'm wanting to put 20 in Teeth, Wall, Spear, Prison and Spirit. That leaves me 10 pnts left to put in a Golem with Golem Mastery. That would give me 5 pnts for Clay golem and 5 pnts for Mastery. Is that even worth it? I mean, how well would a 5 pnt Clay Golem hold up in Hell even with 5 pnts in Mastery? Is it worth giving up a little damage to put only 10 in teeth or prison so that instead of only having 10 pnts for Golem and Golem mastery I have 20? That would give me 10 pnts for the Golem and 10 pnts for Mastery. How well would THIS one hold up in Hell? I'd love some input on this. Is Clay Golem even the best to use? Or is another better. I've never built a necro before, and so far it's very cool. I just need a little help. Thanks!

2. Lyte_Hammer

Lyte_Hammer IncGamers Member

i put 5 in CG and 1 in GM..... i put the extra points in CG for the added slow.... and with +skills i thinks its about 11/6 CG/GM and he has like 3500 life and rarely ever dies

just combine muddy and decrep on any boss and you have about 5 frames a sec and one easy boss fight..... i would say he's definitely worth it and really wouldn't recommend any other golem....... but thats just my opinion i could be wrong

3. ranvage

ranvage IncGamers Member

fires nice as a monster magnet for just plain leveling and such, but yah, CG is a boss killing necessity

4. zaphette

zaphette IncGamers Member

I have 1 in CG and 5 in GM. Not sure why in did it that way, but he never dies.

With +skills its 11 and 6.

You'll even have point left over to put into something else.

5. Kyo

Kyo IncGamers Member

Are you not worried about not having any curses. imo if your cutting curses out completely then you might find it harder than it should be. Lot of nifty 1 point wonders in there like dim vision, amp, decrep (highly recommended), attract etc. You would be missing out in a strong part of the necro class.

As for clay, yes i suppose u could make a ultra clay super golum but you really have to think what u going to use him for. ?

The general consensis is that you should think of him as a spell. The theory behind is that his basic concept is to tank (as best he could) with the additional bonus of slowing down bosses. This with Decrep is a unbeatable combo when dealing with bosses, making it that much more easier for you when using your main bone skills. If he dies then recast .

Personally for PvM i would go for 1 point in clay, 1 point in GM and 1 point in Summon resistance and then maybe get some +skill items for clay ie +summons, +clay, +GM etc to beef it up.

6. Gaelyn

Gaelyn IncGamers Member

Thanks for the help, everyone! My decision's made to use Clay golem, so that's something! I had thought to cut out curses and maybe find a preserved head for +1 to Decrep or something. Summon Resists may be something to put pnts into, too. I just wanted to make sure he'd live long enough to be ABLE to take on the bosses. :) Thanks again!

7. Dausuul

Dausuul IncGamers Member

I would not put more than 1 point into any Golem-related skill. Let +skills take care of the rest, so you have more to put in curses. You don't need your Golem to tank for you; that's why you have Bone Wall and Bone Prison. The Golem is just there to give the boss a momentary distraction and, more importantly, to slow him down. Curses are too important to give them up for a few more Golem hit points.