Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Clay golem question

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by MedctnStn, Oct 3, 2006.

1. MedctnStn

MedctnStn IncGamers Member

Clay golem question

I can see how everyone loves using clay golem for its slowing effect, but what I don't understand is how can people make clay golems that are tanks with tons of HP and only one hard skill point invested? All the ones I make usually die fairly quickly. I'm wondering what kind of gear everyone uses to make tankable clay golems. Thnx

2. jbarlak

jbarlak IncGamers Member

With my mancer build. I only have one point in golem and in mastery, But I wear a wormskull, sigon shield, skin of viper magi armor and have a plus 2 necro ammy. Right there with armor, thats an additional 5 points to clay golem. I put points there to get to summoning resist.
    And I am one of the mancers could constantly cast amp damage.
    Hope this helps.
    John B.

3. MedctnStn

it does help and i understand using golem mastery, but i was looking at an earlier post by shiznit (here is the link) http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=465637

many people there have said that with only one point in clay golem and no Battle Orders or anything like that. I am just wondering how they get their clay golem's life that high (they say around 20k with one point). i am obviously assuming gear with +skills, but i can't imagine what they are wearing.

4. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Clay gets insane boosts in Hell. With +10 skills he hits 4k life. For 20k he needs +28 skills.

5. Phesto

Phesto IncGamers Member

Basically what Mantis said. It has a lot to do with the life boost that it (like a number of other summons) gets as the difficulty level increases.

6. deademon

deademon IncGamers Member

yea if u put one pt in all the golems....one in blood golem is what counts(+% to life)...and in mastery....mines got 14 k....and is lvl 20???i think...

7. MedctnStn

ok now it's making more sense to me. i also took a look at the golem FAQ guide and that helps some too, but wouldn't it make more sense if you pumped blood golem if you had the extra points for a gumby with more life? or would golem mastery be better?

8. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

I'd say that only 1 hard skill point in each of those skills. +10 to +15 summon skills is not uncommon on a decent summoner. If gumby gets beaten up a bit, all you need to do is cast him again. Problem solved! 1/1 clay/mastery is more than enough.

The only time you really need gumby out is against act bosses, or against tough beasties where you need all the extra tankage you can get. Oh, and distracting nasty monsters too by casting him between you and them.