Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

claw viper temple...help.

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by slap, Jun 24, 2005.

1. slap

slap IncGamers Member

claw viper temple...help.

hi.. i am struggling, the reason, hell claw viper temple. my hcl fa untwinked zon is useless in there. i have tryed so many times that i have lost count. can anybody give me any tips to help me succeed in defeating the cold immunes. it's got that bad now, that all the monsters that frequent the temple have started to laugh when i enter.

thx.

2. AzaZaz

AzaZaz IncGamers Member

use strafe to hold them in place while your might merc kills them slowly. meh nothing huge but meh

3. xeyloderixed

xeyloderixed IncGamers Member

try to get some knockback gloves. actually, if u use the cube hit power recipe for gloves, it will always spawn kb. kb+strafe should do you good

4. Valar-Wrath

Valar-Wrath IncGamers Member

Or you could just get someone to help you. Unless you want to do it on your own, but then I don't see why you don't just play SP.

5. slap

slap IncGamers Member

scary

hi.. once again i have been beaten back to the entrance of the temple. i cannot understand how my zon has had no problem beating all other cold immunes with her guided arrow. this temple has totaly changed the course of events, from progressing nicely, to a full stop.
    i cannot use strafe for i have a fa zon. i have crafted kb gloves but still the numbers in the temple are to great. hit blinds target lasts for about 1second instead of about 6-10seconds.
    there must have been other players who have used a fa zon. how did you manage to do the temple?.
    as a last resort (but then she would not be untwinked) i might have to ask for help in the temple quest. would anybody be willing to help me?.
    until now i was never worried about my zon dying, but death is showing it's face in this claw viper temple.

6. Rekoc

Rekoc IncGamers Member

She would still be untwinked ( untwinked = no items from outside source besides trading for them with what you find/ wearing what you find) she just wouldnt be an all solo char. Nothing wrong with that.

7. Valar-Wrath

Oh, THAT'S why you havn't been using help from other players. Actually, untwinked is using only the gear you find and not transferring it from another character. You can still be untwinked and get help for the temple quest. :)

And if you really think you're risking your character everytime you go down there, I highly suggest you getting help of some kind.

Good luck.

8. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

Thank you.
    Glad to know I'm not the only person who hasn't changed the meaning of untwinked into something it's not ><

9. slap

slap IncGamers Member

she is untweaked

hi...for the record. my amazon is untwinked, no mule items/all her items are from her game, and no help. she has the same rogue from act1 normal.
    for the first time in lots of attempts at the temple, i managed to make it to level2, but fang and his mates were waiting. i fought as long as i dared but was pushed back to the entrance. i tryed to re enter but there was too many of them at the doorway. the only reason i managed to get so far was that the game spawned only cold immune snakes instead of all monsters in the temple being cold immune. i will try again tomorrow.

10. Valar-Wrath

I admire your persistence. Screw getting help from someone, YOU CAN DO IT!!! I'm rootin' for ya. :thumbsup:

11. soj ft nr nt

soj ft nr nt Banned

the easiest way it to get a spellsteel/najs staff or a tele ammy and just teleport to the altar and grab the ammy. That's how I always used to do it with my cold sorc when I was rushing people.

12. slap

slap IncGamers Member

fang rip.

hi..... the sun shines again in lut gholein. :clap:

after nurmerious attempts at the claw viper temple, i finaly defeated fang and his cronies. it was an epic battle, which bards and story tellers will retell through out time, an amazon with only her trusty act1 rogue, against the might of the cold immune snakes and decaying dead.
    i found this temple to be very hard to conquer. i went from level 84 to level 86 in my quest for the altar. but this is all new, for i have never been this far in d2. i progressed to the palace and dispatched with ease all those inside. i have now reached the arcane santuary. but this is a quest for another day.
    for any other fa amazons who venture to this ungodly place, i offer a little advice. do not attempt the temple until the game spawns only cold immunes snakes.

13. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

Congratulations on a job well done.

14. eurymone

eurymone IncGamers Member

Congratulations and hats off to having such a strict rules and playing up to them! Untwinked bowazon can be a pain, in 1.10 they need some equipment to be effective. I suppose hell baal will be next to impossible... Didn't you think to have strafe or multishot as a backup skill? And an act 2 merc instead of a rogue would also be a huge help. Unless that's one of your rules. I'd gladly help you if you weren't playing alone ;)

15. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

:clap: :thumbsup:

Well done =)