Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Claw enthusists + Math whizs unite, this worth upgrading?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by [cK]Extreme, Jun 9, 2005.

1. [cK]Extreme

[cK]Extreme IncGamers Member

Claw enthusists + Math whizs unite, this worth upgrading?

http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/s/a/sam495/LJ/Worthup.jpg

Finally got myself a fools claw. From a norm imbue, from a claw bought from norm charsi.... go figure. Anyways, I realize that this %d is not ideal, being only 40 something, but I was wondering if the fools made it worth upgrading. Could any math whiz's out there let me know what the final stats would be on this when upgraded? :) Thanks

2. LORD NIKON

LORD NIKON IncGamers Member

Two words : Not worth it . OK , that was three words :p The damage output would be too low , there are better claws out there (like Bartuc's ?)

3. BIGeyedBUG

BIGeyedBUG IncGamers Member

It's not as if Fool's claws are difficult to get. What is hard to find are Fool's claws with other decent mods--ED%, IAS, 2 sockets, +skills, and staffmods being the principal ones. There is nothing else desirable on that claw.

4. Naliworld

Naliworld IncGamers Member

Don't wish to pour more salt into the wound, but the Knockback on the claw is also a killer for pretty much any claw-based Assassin(except perhaps a WWsin, if you know how to utilize the Knockback effectively). Knockback is a nightmare for Chargeup/DC assassins, as they have to run a few steps after charging a single orb. Keep that in mind for future claw-prospecting.

5. ilkori

ilkori IncGamers Member

I have heard one good thing about the knockback, and it is with Whirlwind. If you want to try it out, all the good stuff applies without an upgrade. Making it Elite won't add a ton of damage, just enough to make you look cool and not get laughed at for using a "normal" weapon in duels. (Actually, I might just leave it like that for that very reason.)

Anyway, the thing I heard with knockback is that you can keep a foe in front of you, and continuously bump into them, knock back, bump, repeat. Haven't done it myself, but that is the perfect claw to experiment with. Just one thing, you will need to use the socket for some IAS to hit the last breakpoint on Whirlwind.

Actually, given the level and strength requirements, you may just want to keep that in a normal claw... hmm... idea time (uh-oh).