Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Classic Resolution 800-640?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by atigdng, May 18, 2005.

1. atigdng

atigdng IncGamers Member

Classic Resolution 800-640?

Is there a way to change the resolution on classic to the same as the expansion, ranged chars. are nerfed because of not being able to see as far, just wondering if there was a way to change that, Thanks

2. GodofWar

GodofWar IncGamers Member

No I am 98% sure that there is no way, its listed as a feature of the Expansion. I would like to ask however, why are you playing classic Diablo 2?

3. atigdng

atigdng IncGamers Member

Because last night my computer literally ate my expansion cd! It exploded! I am very unhappy :mad: I will have to buy a new one... I just find it almost unbarable to play with 640-480 resolution! Wondering if there is any way to fix it.

4. atigdng

atigdng IncGamers Member

Thanks NL! I guess that does make sense, I am so used to the "new" resolution that I even get a headache with the old one!

5. HBeachBabe

HBeachBabe IncGamers Member

my understanding was that the new resolution didn't affect gameplay in terms of visibility, just clarity of graphics - that is, the amount of map visible on screen is the same no matter what the resolution. otherwise, we'd wind up with all sorts of rules here about how someone managed to complete task x because they had a larger resolution than someone else

6. pharaoh

pharaoh IncGamers Member

It's 800x600, guys, not 800x640. The lower resolution is 640x480. And yes, it does provide more screen area, letting you see things that would be slightly out of sight in 640x480. So, in that regard, it is an advantage over those playing in 640x480, but so are many other things, such as a faster computer giving a better frame rate (letting you click monsters with greater ease, since the mouse pointer doesn't 'jerk' around as much), and, in xpac, availability of runes, jewels, exceptional/elite uniques. The latter won't be an advantage for people MPing together, as they will by definition be playing the same game, but for someone who's had the expansion for a long time vs. someone who's played classic for ages, but just got the expansion, it means the first person will have a definite advantage in terms of items, etc.

I still recall when I first installed the xpac, but played classic through it on the realms. I put the screen res into 800x600 (while bemoaning the lack of 1024x768), and had a guy I was playing with ask me how I could teleport so far, since I could click on the other sides of thick obstacles that he couldn't. Hehe.