Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Classic ranger advice

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by pvp_slayar, Jan 31, 2004.

1. pvp_slayar

pvp_slayar IncGamers Member

Classic ranger advice

Has any one played a classic ranger b4. I need to know if they can hold there own in cows? And which is better fire,frost,shock. i need to know how much life and how to get maxed resists for hell.
    thx, plz reply

2. Raven-Hood

Raven-Hood IncGamers Member

Techinically d2x/d2c rangers are the same. You have wizendraw for holy freeze, Ravens-Claw for holy fire, and rogues bow for shock. I personally think holy fire with Ravens-Claw would be best for hell cows. But this is not a power build. It is not going to be a matter of how many cows per second you kill, it will be howmany seconds it takes per group of cows. Also, you would max resists the same way as an amazon. I guess in d2c, resist armor like goldskins, (Get magefists if you are going for fire for the + fire skills)tearhaunches, a prismatic amulet, two prismatic rings, would be your sources of resists. D2c is not an easy place to max resists with when using a Raven-claw bow. I have no idea why you need resists on cows... Goldwrap is a nice belt for ias, so is twitchtoe for ias. I am not sure if cats eye or rising sun amulet can fall in d2c, but these would be optimal of course. Do charms fall in d2c? Also, you only need enough strength for the bow, and depending on what kind of fire ranger you make (probably a Firepower one {aims for the ability to do double aura damage by hitting target with both the arrow and splash}) enough dexterity for decent attack rating. Rest into vitality of corse!

Umm, if not holy fire, I suggest going holy freeze because of the slow and decent damage. Use wizendraw for neg target cold resistance (Extra damage). Since you will only be hitting one target at a time, I suggest sanders gloves, twitchtoe, goldwrap all for ias, and getting resists through the other slots. This build obviously is going to do better in groups but not as well when soloing as a fire ranger.

That being said, rangers began in d2 classic, so you should not have a problem with going fanat and using a high damage bow. The IAS from fanat would also allow you to give up some ias gear for resists.

Raven-Hood

3. pvp_slayar

pvp_slayar IncGamers Member

Hmm do you know max damage for holyfreeze ranger with maxed skills and using wizendraw.? Thx for other advice, i only need advice on resists cause im playing through. thx

4. Raven-Hood

Umm.. would be over 1.5 k, but I am not sure what you mean by max skills. If freeze is only at 20, then it would be barely above 1k, I would suggest getting freeze to 23+

Raven-Hood

5. Elvish_Legion

Elvish_Legion Banned

Rangers in classic have a problem with the screen size. Have that really small screen creates really big problems, while it's do able it'll be very tricky for you but if by all means go for it.

Elvish

6. Raven-Hood

small screen? its the same size? just upgrade resolution.

Raven-Hood

7. tzeentch

tzeentch IncGamers Member

There are 2 resolution settings. If you only have classic, you can only have the lower one. Upgrading to LOD lets you use the higher resolution even when playing classic.

The lower resolution really is pretty bad, it's pretty much the screen filled with just your char.

I know I know this is your "alternative fun char that is sacrosanct and cannot be insulted" but it is really going to be hard. I mean really hard for a bow using, holy freeze aura paladin to be killing stuff.

Even the FA zons, or pretty much any zon in classic have disappeared.

You would pretty much want to wear the standard IAS getup, sigon glove + another piece, or deaths set + twitch. Twitch is indispensable for any build that needs speed. Sander's glove doesnt exist in classic.

Really, not to put down this build but seriously, give an estimate how many arrows it would take to kill a monster?

8. Raven-Hood

sanders = d2c set...

if using holy freeze, the same amount of arrows as it would in d2x

Raven-Hood