Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Classic = patch?

Discussion in 'Classic' started by reno666, Apr 27, 2008.

1. reno666

reno666 IncGamers Member

Classic = patch?

Which patch does current classic use? I start a barb in SP and there's still synergies. I'm trying to play pure old-school, like WW is one speed only, you can gamble SoJs, mana leech works in all difficulties, no synergies etc.

2. WarlockCC

WarlockCC Diablo Classic Moderator

Re: Classic = patch?

Actually, LoD is a patch on Classic which,among other things, gives you a extra act. :)
    So Classic is using v1.11b, so LoD also uses that same version.

Note that you can still gamble SoJs in this current patch, but it's just extremely unlikely. You are correct in thinking it was easier in past patches. Especially the pre-lod patches.

When you play Single player you can chose to play another patch. It is likely the version of Diablo 2 on your original Diablo 2 CD is a older patch. If you install it freshly(in another directory as you current one to keep your current Diablo in tact), you should be able to play this older patch as long as you do not connect to Battle.net with that older version.

3. Barl

Barl IncGamers Member

If you install from your original disk (get rid of the LOD travasty!): depending on when you bought the game, you'll have a different patch. But the oldest possible patch for LOD-free goodness is 1.06. So anywhere from 1.00 to 1.06 is what you'll be looking at.

I looked for a long time to find a private realm for 1.06 play, but never found one. Oh well. :/ Single player works, too.

4. WarlockCC

You can play single player with others. If you trust them enough to give your IP.
    Just remember that any games will be hosted on your computer, so when you exit the game, the people playing with your will also be kicked out. :)

5. reno666

reno666 IncGamers Member

TY for replies.

I'm thinking classic as it is right now already has WW speed tied to weapon? So why do guides recommend barbs as MFers?

Also, it's too bad 1.06 is only 640x480(?) res. only. :sad2:
    I think 1.06 is what I really wanted to play with barb cuz it had Iceblink - pike - gambling uniques easier (and less uniques) - mana leech in Hell ftw (Brocs, dual leech rare ring, etc)!!!

Correct me if any above is wrong

6. WarlockCC

WW is not affected by weapon speed in classic, in any patch.
    If you only have Diablo 2 classic installed, you will have 640x480 res in any patch. Personally, I always played like that and still do.

And leeching still works in Hell, it's just a third of what you would leech with the same setup in normal.
    In 1.09 and earlier, it was still the amount of leech listed on your items same as in LoD. With the introduction of 1.1x it was reduced to half in nightmare and a third in Hell.

7. Noite Escura

Noite Escura IncGamers Member

WW's speed is still untied to weapon speed for Classic, no matter what patch.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2008
  8. reno666

reno666 IncGamers Member

Hmmm...I'm curious why the 1.07 patch notes say otherwise? Does it apply to LOD only? Because if its really confirmed that current Classic doesnt have the restrictions I mentioned, I"ll be knee deep in monster nectar tonight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Iceblink freezes all monsters
    WW not tied to weapon speed
    gambling not too much since dont need SoJs

9. WarlockCC

I'd say, just give it a whirl and find out. Keep your masteries open so you can chose a Lance or a Martel de Fer mastery when you see weapon speed has no influence on WW's. :)