Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

classic mf hammerdin guide

Discussion in 'Classic' started by qazxswcde, Apr 18, 2005.

1. qazxswcde

qazxswcde IncGamers Member

classic mf hammerdin guide

guides to makin assorted classes in classic

iv played classic much longer then iv played xpac so thoght id make a guide to help make the chars i made

chars are
    hammerdin (MF)
    holy shocker (mid level dueler)
    charger(mid level dueler)
    thats basically it had a summoner to but summoners dont work in classic

hammerdin

skills (when done)
    20 bh
    20 conc
    20 blessed aim
    20 vigor
    1 holy shield
    1 charge (prereq for holy shield)
    1 redemption(already took all prereqs when got vigor)
    that makes 90 points
    78 easily gotten level
    stats
    100 str(mayby less see gear)
    51 dex
    rest vit
    0 energy

gear

wep

shard=50 fcr 10resist all 50 mana (best choice slightly expensive)
    gull=100 mf (overpriced by the time you can afford you should be done with char)
    scepter=2 pally (easily gotten worse then shard you can buy them off hell larzuk

shield

steelclash=1 pally 15 resist all 63 block(great starting shield basically free to)
    sigons=1 all skills high block(same as steelclash no resist though)
    rare=+2 pally and resist(by now you should have holy shield so blocking doesnt matter)
    magic=+2 pally you can buy them off charsi(takes awile)

helm
    tarn=+1 all skills 25-50 mf(best helm relitavly cheap)
    3 p rubyed=lots of hp
    3 p topaz=lots of mf(more then tarn)
    3 p shappired= lots of man (shapires dont have to be perfect
    rare= not worth the time

armour

angelic=use if your gonna use angelic
    silks=one skill(overpriced)
    gskins=resist(overpriced to)
    rare/magic=go for resist or anthing of the colussos

boots
    sigons=use if your gonna use sigs
    rare=lookin for mf and resiist probally better off with just mf both can be costly

belt
    sigons=use if your gonna use sigons
    gwrap=30 mf(probally best)
    rare/magic= 80 or up hp belt buy off charsi

gloves
    magefist=20fcr (best choice gives 70 fcr with shard)
    frostburns=40% mana
    chacies=up to 40 mf(another good choice)
    sigons=use if your gonna use sigs

amulet
    angelic=use if your gonna use angleic
    rare=+2 pally (you can gamble them)

rings
    2 angelic=use if your gonna use angelic
    2 nagel= up to 60 mf
    2 soj= 2 to all skills 4o% mana (very expensive)
    2 rares=10 fcr plus mf or resist or both

the 3 good sets for hammerdins

angelic (best set at begining)
    100 mf
    110 hp
    1 skill
    and resists
    very low level reqs

sigons
    50 mf
    and some resist
    good for the 50 mf

milagabra

dont use noone seems to have it

mf places
    hell cs=very very slow if you do alone not a good idea with a full xp bar
    hell meph= to slow if you dont hack.
    hell andy=great mf spot get there with vigor
    nm cs= good if your not strong yet
    norm cs=very good idea when you start and have no gear just use fanat so you never have to stop killin angleic and sigs are a good idea for 150mf so is a tarn

just gonna do hammerdin

2. sweetcorn

sweetcorn IncGamers Member

just made one, and i always die in hell meph lolol

3. fredsta54

fredsta54 IncGamers Member

eh.... Hammerdins are good mfers and all but they dont really use... this gear... you will die too often and... i dont think a hammerdin is viable w/o decent resists, except for mabye the cow lvl. They just have to get to close so they need to tank

4. sweetcorn

sweetcorn IncGamers Member

what gear would you use?

5. fredsta54

fredsta54 IncGamers Member

well, theres lost of expensive rares you could socket w/ perf topazs but lets be realistic.

A good hammerdin mfer setup, imo, is

gull
    goldskin
    high mf tarnhelm
    2 nagels
    +1 or 2 priz shield socketed w/ p diamond OR 3 perf diamond shield
    rare boots w/ r/w fhr resists, mf
    magefist or chance gaurds
    + pally prismatic ammy w/ possibly mf
    a rare fhr resist belt

This gives you over 2oo mf, enough resists to survive in hell, and enough + skills to speed up the killing. My lvl 89 hammerdin uses something like this for mfing, although he switched to diff gear for csing. (well, he did, he is now retired)

Fred

6. aznrice1869

aznrice1869 IncGamers Member

descent guide

7. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Larzuk isn't in classic, and he doesn't sell scepters...

I'd go with any rare with good mods and +3 BH on it.

8. Indemaijinj

Indemaijinj IncGamers Member

I think he messed up Larzuk and Halbu

9. zrk

zrk IncGamers Member

Id just like to add that in terms of damage, a scepter is nearly always better than shard.
    Lets compare a simple +2 all skills scepter to shard. If you get your other FCR bonuses from magefist and a 10% fcr piece of jewellry, the damage difference created by fcr is 16.7% (comparing a 12 frame attack to a 10 frame one). The damage difference between the 2 options is 17% (comparing a 7006 damage attack to a 5807 one).
    So, even in the case of a really craptastic scepter, it will do more damage (although its a small 0.3%) than with shard.
    Of course, its up to you to decide weather you like the higher damage (and higher life because you dont have to invest into dexterity) that a scepter gives you or the nice mana and resist bonus from shard.

10. StaMpu

StaMpu IncGamers Member

Andy and Meph take way too long IMO, why not go to Travincal?? Just get some decent resistance... Mainly fire and cold vs hydra's/fireball/meteor and blizzard.
    I like to shop in act3 at Ormus since you can make a tp at the first wp (or Travincal wp)
    And you just run to the waypoint, then enter town via tp again. The tp will stay up so you can repeat it forever. You can shop for both; +2shields and +2sceptors +skills + mods

11. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

drognan also sells sceptres - typically has a larger inventory than ormus. Even better, the gate for Act 2 is periodically right next to Drognan, meaning you can simply put vigor on, and run out of town, then back in to check his inventory of goods available. I have plenty of +2/+2 bh sceptres, some with other useful mods such as holy freeze (to slow down fana seis) - others with 15 str, but haven't been able to reclaim a +2/+2 conc, +bh one that I'd love have again...

as for mfing with a Din, I have found, that just being a lord, and killing in a CS for the quest drops (but not questing) trumps just about any amount of MF.

it's the reason that lvl 9x din's are remade... I was on last night for only about 1/2 hour, raided 3 games, and came up with a nice red crown... fhr, 3x life, tri rez (and no, there wasn't any PR on it).

For what it's worth this 86 lord din, is using a sceptre, hotspurs, magefists (I don't do the fcr hack) two cheapo fcr rings, a +1 ammy with FCR, and I will admit, a decent shield. All told, a couple of gulls worth of gear if you ignore the shield. A P Ward would equally suffice for surviving and accomplishing the raid, it'd just take a little longer being two skills down. he's got 60 base str, and the rest is pure vita.

I have tried the high MF% route, including making a popper, and quite simply have found that exploiting the quest glitch, be it from a mephy glitcher, or a lord kill in CS makes for much more frequent good drops.

Don't get me wrong, I have my angellics build barbarian, with tri topaz'ed hat, etc. and do use him from time to time. He's also how I managed to start filling up mules via constant flayer/travincal runs...

But, the basic idea of MFing is to be able to hit up as many high/rewarding bosses as possible as quickly as possible and then move onto the next game, rinse, lather and repeat.

12. Corn

Corn IncGamers Member

Shard on a non pvp hammerdin....uhh....

13. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

on east softcore, even the pvp dins use sceptres...

14. Corn

Corn IncGamers Member

Keyword being softcore, that is.

Anyhow, nice find on that crown :) Good rare helms are one of the hardest to find.

And I congratulate you on not using fcr hack. Now all you gotta do is just stop glitch mf'ing and I assume maphack, since you want to run andy and meph fast, and you are good to go!

Decent guide. :prop:

15. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

glitch mfing is mephy is part of the game, just like lord kills in cs. I don't do andy, and haven't since I was first trying to level her. way back when.

I try not to make assumptions - but didn't mh result in literally thousands of cd keys and accounts being banned?

anyway, ty, that crown is indeed a pretty nice find.

I loaded xpac up this morning, and while I have to say the extra screen resolution is nice, I'm a bit underwhelmed - perhaps cause I'm using a 21" CRT and my normal resolution is 1600x1200... oh well, I raided a couple of games and pushed that lord din to 87.

and, the idea of someone working relatively hard to get a din into the 8x range, and then duelling said din... yeah, well seems a bit sado/masochistic if ya' ask me :grin: :shocked:

16. StaMpu

StaMpu IncGamers Member

The reason why I advice Ormus (for a Paladin), is because you will be sure of item reset. Even when you get the message "Entering The Rocky Waste" if you don't run far enough the shop won't get reset... At least that's of my own experience. I only gamble with my sorc, in act2 anyway, so that I can simply run outside and teleport inside. That way I'm sure the shop is reset. Because if I don't run far enough teleport wont work.
    How ever the inventory of Drognan is definately bigger. But he does not have a sorc... ?

17. sickobanza

sickobanza IncGamers Member

umm may i ask what do you mean lord kills in cs??

18. StaMpu

StaMpu IncGamers Member

Lord, (aka = Nightmare mode completed.)
    Means you have never killed Diablo on Hell mode before as your quest.
    So if for example a Baron, (aka = Hell mode completed) makes a CS run the Diablo quest won't be available for you. You won't be able to get the quest, unless you create a game of your own or another Lord creates. Anyway...
    If you as 'Lord' will kill Diablo when a Baron or Baroness made the game, Diablo will drop items as if you were killing him for your quest. Meaning a significant higher chance of Rare/Unique/Set items instead of Magicals.
    This way you won't need any magicfind to get decent drops.

19. sickobanza

sickobanza IncGamers Member

oo, so it's good to raid cow and trades games O_O

20. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

exactly. although frustratingly enough for me, this weekend at least, on east softcore ladder, the few cow games that were up, were made by a lord, so I couldn't finish the raids with my din. I cleared the cs except for infector's seal, then came back with my barbarian, and wiped out infector, then killed D.

:laugh: Then, in order to keep them on their toes, in the next couple of games, I brought my blizzer in to take out vizier/infector, popped seis' seal, and took out his buddies. leaving only the Cold Immunes, and seis alive in the CS.

came back again, with the baba hit seis with a well placed leap+stun, and whacked him with the WW.

none of the raids resulted in any decent finds, but the entertainment value provided by folks that couldn't believe a baba had raided the game was priceless. (the blizzer/baba are on different accounts, as is the din)