Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Classic hellforge rushing?

Discussion in 'Classic' started by Ninebark, Jul 4, 2008.

1. Ninebark

Ninebark IncGamers Member

Classic hellforge rushing?

I am thinking about making a couple characters (or 1 if possible) to rush lvl 1 characters through to hell then changing them over to xpac for hellforges. Is this process still used for obtaining runes in LOD?

And if so, would anyone who has done this before have any tips for how to go about this in the fastest way possible. It has been a long time since I have played D2C. Probably since xpac has been out.

My reasons for doing this is because of all the duped HRs on LOD. I don't deal in HRs for this very reason. :coffee:

2. carnivore

carnivore IncGamers Member

Re: Classic hellforge rushing?

my rush sorc just got lvl 75.

there is a guide in the stickies, suggesting a frozen orb build. that will do just fine. (http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=606724)

i leveled in normal up to almost 40 and played normally through nightmare, which was really easy even with crappy gear. did some more leveling at nm cs to sixty-something.
    act 1 hell was still easy, act 2 quote hard. after that its almost impossible to solo. good thing it isnt needed for a rush.

you can aim really low when equipping. priorities should be resists (3 os shield with diamonds) and fcr (i only got 40 which works just so; in lack of better gear i use 2 fcr rings and a 20 fcr necro wand). some fhr would help a lot too (i only have 10 and get locked from time to time, in claw viper temple in hell this is lethal).

you probably have more than one game running, so it would be a good idea to drag a second char along. i did this and choose a fireball-sorc for maximum damage in early levels. this wasnt a good decision as fire/cold immunes are relatively common. i would suggest a amazon with lightning fury/jab now.
    normal diablo can drop all uniques and sets in the game, so continuesly quest drop her with your second char.

3. SweWings

SweWings IncGamers Member

The easiest way, obviously, is to make a sorceress. I think minimum lvl 75 unless you can get hold of really good end-game items. I made a fireball/blizz sorc that does the job very well with max resis in hell and hopefully I'll be able to his 70% fcr soon enough as well as a block rate in the 50%s. While this sorc doesn't mf particularly well you'll still end up doing enough quest boss kills to get some pretty good gear to either use directly or to use in a trade.

I played through acts 1-3 in a big party game and by the time I reached act 4 I had reached level 21(I think) which meant I could do CS runs. After that it was just a simple matter of moving up to NM and then Hell CS as soon as I reached a high enough level. I guess I could still go for a few more levels and it wouldn't really take that long for me to reach 80 (I'm level 76 right now) I don't really see the point. Duriel in Hell isn't a problem for me, the only boss I actually have a problem with is Andariel because of the poison which means I have to go back into town at least once every time I try to kill her.

I'm at work so I can't give you a specific stats/skills allocation but I do remember my gear set up quite well:

Helm: Iratha's
    Amu: Iratha's
    Armor: Rare with 1 resistance, +50 life, +20 mana
    Weapon: Shard
    Shield: Some 3 socketed shield with 3 perf. diamonds.
    Gloves: Iratha's
    Belt: Iratha's
    Boots: Rare with 2 resistances, 10% frw and 10% fhr
    Rings: each ring has 2 resistances and a mix of +small amounts to dex/str/life.

Eventually I hope to replace the rings with a couple with fcr, maybe the armor for twitch and depending on my resis situation, the shield for one with higher chance to block and other useful stats esp fhr and poison length reduced by %. Hopefully I'll also stumble onto some better boots but otherwise I'm quite happy with this. Obviously in a perfect world I'd be able to replace most of the gear with awesomely godly rares but this setup does the job.

My only regret is dumping those points in str and dex that I could've put in vita instead. But I couldn't be bothered to find items with enough + to those two stats to be able to equip shard + shield.

4. Arkansaw

Arkansaw Banned

I'm kinda surprised that there isn't a full-fledged classic rush guide in these forums yet. Yeah, its kinda tedious doing the rushing even with the better chars on classic, and very repetitive and boring, but still....we need somebody to expound on the virtues of the three variants of bus/rush sorcs as I know ;)