Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Classic Hardcore?

Discussion in 'Classic' started by Matt, Apr 17, 2005.

1. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

Classic Hardcore?

I play hardcore LOD, but I would be very intrested in trying out some classic hardcore. (I duel a lot, so I'd probably end up with a MF sorc and then make duelers, probably a barbarian to start)

Judging from the ladder, (level 77's being in the top thousand), there is not a huge community, which would probably mean not a huge number of legit duels around. So, does anyone have any insight into how the classic hardcore community actually is? (I'm on East, forgot to say that)

Thanks.

-Matt

2. fredsta54

fredsta54 IncGamers Member

on east hcl classic there are lots of private cs runs, it begins w/ a public run then after a while they go private so try and jump in on that.

Most of the duel games are BvB games where they chicken at 1/3 life. Most people know everyone else so if u pk sum1, you'll hear about it from other players. (i remember when triidge (lvl 92 sorc) died in a cs run due to lag) It was a big event

3. Classics

Classics IncGamers Member

Things are *much much* more amplified. There's a lot of gossip, everybody knows everybody, and you'll hear about every petty death possible. It's much more 'compact' so to speak. And yes, BvBing is the most common PvP. If you do duel a lot, I wouldn't advise going against Hammerdins, as many players know how to desynch, and, well, you should know by now that you pretty much can't tank more then 2 hammers with any regular class.

4. TheCerberus

TheCerberus IncGamers Member

Hey Matt, I think Bird is playing EHCL. Try him at *TEB-Bird I believe. He'll be familiar with the scene, as he was top 10 last season.