Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Classic Bonemancer

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by TheCerberus, Mar 24, 2004.

1. TheCerberus

TheCerberus IncGamers Member

Classic Bonemancer

I've decided to make a bonemancer in classic, and I might use him for a little PvPing as well. I need some advice on stats, and what gear to choose. For my skills I'm maxing, in order, bone spirit, bone prison, bone spear, bone wall, and then what's left in teeth. I'll have at least 650 dmg absorbed in bone armor, so not more than 1 point in that.

For my stats, I've pumped energy to 50, strength to 47, none in dex, and the rest in vitality. I'm not sure how much higher I should get strength too, because I'm not sure which type of gear and such I'll be using. I have some nice caster rings and an ammy with 10 fcr and muchos resists, but other than that, I have no idea what to use. I was thinking Nightsmoke, Treads (for r/w, in case I don't find better rares), and Ume's for the decrepify. I was thinking 3 diamond kite shield as well, and the rest I'm looking to you guys for.

2. Pallidum

Pallidum IncGamers Member

I defintely would use blinkbats and twitchthroe when pvping, twitch against zons, and blinkbats against everyone else. Death sash is important for the cannot be frozen mod. On everything else, try to maximize life, mana, and resists.

3. Pallidum

O i forget about one very imprtant thing. 125 % fast cast rate. In classic, I believe this can be achieved through, Umes, magefists, wall of the eyeless, a fast cast ammy, and a fast cast ring. I don't know if this comb still works, as I havent played classic since 2001.

4. TheCerberus

Hmm, I was only aware of getting 75 fcr. Let's look?
    Umes - 20 fcr
    Magefists - 20 fcr
    Eyeless - 20 fcr
    Ammy - 10 fcr
    2 rings - 20 fcr

Yeah 90 right there, if I use shard too that's only 120. 75 is the most I can get from that then. Thanks for the tips though.

5. Chamsie

Chamsie IncGamers Member

Seems like you have it right. I too just started a bonemancer, in hardcore tho. He is level 46 right now, and really beggining to get fun. I got str to 60, rest is vitality. I am very undergeared and I find I have more than enough mana with 0 into energy. Skills are as follows..

1 Teeth
    1 Bone Armor
    1 Bone Wall
    20 Bone Spear
    9ish? Bone Prison (whatever is left over +5 from quest..)
    17 Bone Spirit

Next to max will be prison followed by wall. It was pretty hard leveling cause spear/spirit just seem to weak till you start pumping their synergies. Good luck with whatever you do!

6. TheCerberus

Chamzie, question, what gear are you using? And are you using Frosts?
    I was tempted with zero energy at first, but I gave in at the end.

7. Pallidum

See in classic when I played there were only fastest cast and fast cast items. There was no number associated with it. They probably changed it there then so I guess 9 frame cast rate is out of the question in classic.

8. Chamsie

Chamsie IncGamers Member

Well, I just came back from like a year off D2 and went straight to Hardcore. My necro is using angelic BP and Neck which some guy gave me in a game. I was lucky enough to grab a pair of magefist and thats basically what i have for gear. My life is 620ish and mana is 220ish with basically no gear. Guessing its time for me to try and find some gear off diablo and meph normal, so scared in nightmare. I just stock up on potions and normally am good. I'm sure your bonemancer will rock if you have anything slightly better than what I have.