Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Class for Nihlathak

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Codoh, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Codoh

Codoh Diabloii.Net Member

Being someone who never ran Nihlathak in a serious manner I took the decision that its time to dive in, and give it a go untill...well you know. In my ques ttrying to find the suitable class to farm him i went trough a couple of options that came into my mind, also I've checkd out the guide on Diablo Wiki made by mephistophelez about running Nihlathak. So Im here for additional advice, as the community here proved realy helpfull in the past. So my options are the following:

Lightning Java: Sofar proved to be the best and fastest class, but merc (infinity) keeps dying. Apart from that runs are okayish even without the merc, but the escape button is a close friend.

Poison necro: This would be my prefered choice (hail Pharpis). I'll need to reroll him and adjust skills/charms so that CE doesnt kill me. I used him mainly to run pits.

Sorceress: Mainly playing as Lighting sorc, did Cow runs and Chaos Sanctuary on her but Cold gear is in stash. Seems squishy, and same thing as with Javazon, merc..and....doesnt have the waypoint, kept her pindle portal for MF-ing.

Hammerdin: Havent trying ti yet, not sure.

Assassin: tried putting together a kicksin just for this, but im just terrible playing this ...thing. Why does it have so many skills..grr..(havent give up thoo)

Barb, Druid: not active atm.

Out of the above mentioned options I need 1 that is safe to play for this task, and doesnt end my time in frustration. That guide suggest bonemancer, not sure if i have the gear for it. Necro would be truly my prefered choice for this task (Mirror matchup rawr!) but considering the run itself, I need oppinions.

pharphis likes this.
  2. Ergroilnin

Ergroilnin Diabloii.Net Member

I read that Nature's Peace ring makes monsters not CEable so that should solve that problem for the 95% (the 5% being merc kills and those suicude beasts), so any choice you make, if you have this ring get in on those fingers!

Btw I tried few runs with my Berserk barb on nithla and it was pretty good. Howl away the minions, kill nithla in few zerks, repeat. I kill him in like 4 hits on p1 but I am full str barb (also, even with base vita I have 1700 life on lvl 84 and still can survive amped CE if it comes to the worst).

Last edited: May 1, 2015
  3. srrw

srrw Diabloii.Net Member

Smiter.

4. GooberGrape

GooberGrape Diabloii.Net Member

I was also thinking Zerker barb.

5. SunsetVista

SunsetVista Diabloii.Net Member

Who was it that did Nihlathak to 99 with a zon? That's the inspiration I would follow.

6. Username is not in use

Username is not in use Diabloii.Net Member

If you use a Barbmerc with Lawbringer, then there will be no CEs (Natures Peace)
    Other solution might be Tyraels Might

I think Barb will do it best

7. pharphis

pharphis Diabloii.Net Site Pal

<3 CE wars

Feel free to PM me if you want more specific about my build.. I'd have to remind myself, though I probably posted most of the details in the 99 theorycrafting thread (also some useful info there about nihl mechanics)

One thing I would suggest is to not have max block because it's annoying when you're in blocklock... 30-50% is nice since it will reduce the dmg you take considerably and should work well against vipertrails

edit: and ya iirc bone necro should be a bit faster for 99ing than nova + CE variant, but it's way less fun :p

I suppose beta CM on merc would probably help a decent amount for that.. then you could cast lower res on nihl, and if you want to add in confusion or have beta delirium on merc to proc confusion on everything except nihl

*shrug*

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
  8. SunsetVista

SunsetVista Diabloii.Net Member

9. zticazzy

zticazzy Diabloii.Net Member

Noob and slightly OT question: why do people run nihla to reach 99? Is it better than other places in the game for some reason?

10. pharphis

pharphis Diabloii.Net Site Pal

zticazzy likes this.
  11. Gripphon

Gripphon Diabloii.Net Member

Nihl is superior to any other place in the game for leveling from 98 to 99 (not before!), depending on how fast it takes you to kill him. For certain characters like barbs and paladins, Nihl is super fast and nothing can be even compared to xp gain per hour with Nihl in that case.

12. japanzaman

japanzaman Diabloii.Net Member

I recall seeing a Berserker clear Nihl in about 15 seconds per run using nothing but teleport, Howl, and Berserk. Not sure that there's a class that can do it faster and safely.

13. Codoh

Codoh Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks everyone for their replys. Realy appreciate it.

Guess who did max block on his necro? You guessed it. Thats what I get for not paying attention to what others are saying. Yes Pharphis, if its not too much of a bother for you, please PM me whatever u feel is important for setting up my poison necro for Nihlathak Runs. Because damn...this dude sure drops charms, got 1 Lem sofar, Talrasha armor, Trangul belt, and ...a Gladiators Bane :p.

I did these runs with my Javazon, similarry built as the one in that link. Why does he use wizardspike and stormshield? to teleport faster and safer to nihlathak?

Any link to that Barb? Maybe i can put together one and give it a go, thoo im expecting that it will need a good FCR amu.

I dont realy want to run him to reach 99, i just wana run..something. I just need something new, something fresh. :cool:

14. Gripphon

Gripphon Diabloii.Net Member

Don't know are you full of areas level 85 to go run Nihl, but I'll list some possibilities for you to run something better in farming sense. Some of these are widely known, some are not.

AT blizzard sorc
    AT nova sorc
    AT concentrate barb
    AT windy
    AT fissure druid
    AT foh paladin
    AT poisonnec
    AT ww barb
    Pit berserker barb
    Pit singer
    Pit ww barb
    Pit poisonnec
    Pit LS trap/fireblast assassin
    Pit some hybrid sorc
    Pit windy
    Pit foh paladin
    Pit hammerdin
    CS/river of flame hammerdin
    wsk berserk barb

15. Username is not in use

Username is not in use Diabloii.Net Member

aint acheron lvl 85 too?

Since those succubi are very squichy i imagine that could work too

16. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

I've never had a dedicated Nihlathak runner, but I seem to remember doing a few dozen with my trapper. If I remember correctly, it was super safe to stay outside his room and toss in four Lightning Sentry and one Death Sentry trap, with the Death Sentry obviously used for corpse removal as well as dealing damage.