Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Clash of Clans

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Hardcore Forum' started by TheDarkSide, Nov 30, 2014.

1. TheDarkSide

TheDarkSide Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

So anyone that is interested in wasting even more time (that has a Smartphone) can feel free to join my newly made Clash of Clans league IncHC... its free to play and an incredibly fun thing for when u are away from Diablo3. My name in COC of course is Hellswraith .....

or Pm me in D3 world...

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
  2. TheDarkSide

And in case anyone was wondering. The Clan Rules Ive decided on are fairly simple..

1)Be courteous to others
    2)Help those that are in need
    3)Have fun and enjoy another time waste

KISS - Keep It Simple Stoopid is my moto, hope to see some people join me...

3. spiffymcbang

spiffymcbang D3 Trade Moderator<br> America, USEast (D2)<br> Ne

What TH level are you?
    Did you just start or are you well along?

You will probably want to come up with some standard donation rules and identify a minimum amount of donations per league period so you can figure out who the men are and who the boys are, if you will.

If that gets old look me up
    clan - quantum one
    village name - airborne

we will be able to find a clan you will fit into.

FYI, you can't find another village unless you know the clan they are in, you can't search by village name only clan name.

4. TheDarkSide

Lets see I just hit level 36 so I guess Im not totally new to the game and Im level 6 TH and working on purple walls. Ive had countless Clan Invite Requests but was more interested in joining a clan with people I kind of know (IncHC) but I can see by the overwhelming replies Ive received in this post that I might need to rethink my strategies a bit ..LOL

Guess I need to read a little more about clan formation as paragraph 2 confuses me.. I don't buy anything and just play the game on rewards I win from battles and killing the Goblins.

I just use the game as a time waste between jobs at work or when sitting around the house and have a spare minute or two..

5. spiffymcbang

Ok, lets see.
    The league gets reset every 2 weeks so your donations and requests also get reset to zero. When in a clan you can request troops for your clan castle (CC) and when someone else donates the troops they help you on defense and can be used on offense. It is a such a big help on defense that most folks center their CC on the village so as to get the best defense.

active players request alot and donate alot. But kids and selfish people only request and do not donate. So in our clan we have set a minimum amount of donations every league period or every 2 weeks.

strategy. I recommend either farming for resources OR raising your trophy count, not both at the same time. Meaning keep your trophies in a range that allows to regularly raid others successfully and steal loot, and keep your TH outside yours walls unprotected. This allows you to get free 12 shields with an automatic loss, but it protects your loot. Or protect your TH and not your resources as much. you will make less defensive upgrading progress this way but your trophies will be higher.

Do you know about loot penalties? Loot penalties are when strong higher town halls attack lower weak THs. So generally is is advisable to max out all your upgrades at your current TH level prior to upgrading your TH to a new level. If you upgrade too early you will be subject to the loot penalties and will not have all the defenses upgraded and still need lots of loot to that but it will now be harder to get the loot due to either needing to attack harder villages to not incur the loot penalty or attacking easier lower village and not getting as much loot.

anyway, the game is simple on the surface but somewhat complicated. There are plenty of attack strategies posted on youtube. Defensive also.

Feel free to look me up or pm me if you have questions. I have a fairly far along village so can answer lots of questions.

6. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

I just started playing this game and have a level 2 TH. Nowhere near the gold to rebuild the clan house yet. But I too would like to join a clan someday and play with people from here.

7. spiffymcbang

oh one other bit of advise for new players, the ONLY way to get additional builders is with gems. So if you do not like the pay to win/pay to play concept and want to play without spending real money, like me, then save your gems and focus on achievements to get the gem rewards, then spend them on new builders. additional builders speeds things up a lot. If you think you might actually donate money or cash to the developers (supercell) some day, and get gems for doing so, do it early and get your builders early. It will be a huge help.

if you do look my village up
    search for clans - "quantum one" and then look for the village airborne. I have achieved that village with only spending $20 for a pack of gems over a year ago to purchase my 5th builder when I was TH8. Supercell has changed up rewards some and made it easier to get some gems so it might be possible to get the 5th builder now without spending any real money. I also rationalized that for the amount of fun I was having 20 bucks was well worth it. I will not spend more though.

8. TheDarkSide

I think I may fall into the upgraded TH too soon category. Im now going back and upgrading all my walls,Cannons,Archer Towers, Etc etc.. Im regularly put in the Silver League and I cant seem to win most battles lately. All the towns have Purple Walls and my Measly level 3 Giants and army cant seem to survive against the massive troops, cannons, and CC's defenses Im running into...

I can see myself dropping a $20 at some point just to get something I need.... Thanks for the info ....

9. spiffymcbang

if you want to be placed in an easier league you can manipulate your trophies to lower your league by starting an attack and dropping 1 archer or 1 barb and then hitting surrender. this will drop your trophies as you are loosing attacks. you lose nothing but trophies and a troop. (and maybe some pride, but the game does not work that way) make a new troop of the same type, rinse and repeat until you find yourself at a trophy level you can beat opponents at.

When you click attack and the game matches you up with an opponent the ONLY criteria it uses to match make is your trophies. Trophies do a few things, sets your current league, used for match making and as a milestone to for some to see how high you can go compared to others called "pushing". So if you are not pushing, then they are used to match you up and you can control that to set your matches better. I hope I am being clear.

if you have not spent much time in a good farming clan I recommend doing that first prior to running your own clan. When in that clan, you can get lots of good advise in clan chat on this stuff.

So then the loot penalites:
    your current TH level - 6
    attack TH level 6 or higher - no penalty
    Attack TH level 5 - 10% loot penalty
    Attack TH level 4 - 50% loot penalty
    Attack TH level 3 or lower - 90% loot penalty

This is designed to encourage you to attack villages with TH levels similar to yours or slightly lower. So your ideal target is TH 5 as they are usually easier than TH6 but has potentially good loot.

There is a clash of clans wiki that is loaded with tons of good info.
    supercell also has forums that have tons of good information.

10. EduardR

EduardR Diabloii.Net Member

Hi guys, I'm new in this Clash of Clans area so I'd like to find out if you can give me more info about this game. I also read some websites based on this game and facebook pages aswell.
    One of them is XXXX but I'd be more than glad if you will send me (via pm) more pages.

Have a great day guys!

edit by spiffymcbang:
    really, you are going to post a link to a web page for free gems. come on.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2015