Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Clans?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Alemon, Mar 30, 2005.

1. Alemon

Alemon IncGamers Member

Clans?

What are clans in DII, and how do I start my own? Are they official?
    Please help me. >.<

2. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

Question, if you don't know what a clan is, how do you know you want to start one? It could be a bad thing :)

3. Alemon

Alemon IncGamers Member

Well, everyone wants to be in one, so i'm guessing I want to be in one(by joining or making one).

4. Bugwamp

Bugwamp IncGamers Member

Anyone can make a clan, but how do you make a successful clan? Join one and get first-hand experience of what a clan is all about, how they are run, etc.

5. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

Bugwamp's right, you don't need to do anything in order to make a clan. You just need to think of a name, and start to recruit people. There's a forum here dedicated to player matchup (http://www.rpgforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=31) which you can use to either recruit people, or join other people's clans (if you want).

Best of luck

6. Alemon

Alemon IncGamers Member

Thanks you guys, but are they official? Like with their own channels and stuff? I was recently invite to a clan and they had their own channel, and there was a metal monkey looking moderater guy.

7. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

That metal monkey moderator guy is just the operator of the channel. For example, if you have the name Alemon on bnet, and you join the channel "Op Alemon", you'll become the moderator (with the metal hammer).

This'll let you moderate the channel, by banning people, and what not. You'll also be able to designate people (people who'll become moderator when you leave the channel). For more information about Chat room moderator commands, check out http://www.battle.net/info/commands.shtml and look under the heading Chat Room Operator Commands