Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

CL/Orb Sorc Question

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by xTheCheaTx, May 17, 2005.

1. xTheCheaTx

xTheCheaTx IncGamers Member

CL/Orb Sorc Question

ok, my question is should i max orb and put a good 5-10 points in CM, or do I just make her a pure lightning sorc. She is 100% pvm, and is right now lvl 75 with about 25 available skill pts, and i havent put any into cold skills yet. I have a Blizz sorc with almost 500 mf for hell pindle and meph. My CL sorc's primary purpose will be countess runs, so for this it seems like pure lightning would be a good idea. However, I want her to be able to survive in other areas, and maybe baal with her at some point, so the cold attack would be quite helpful.

So I guess the real question is does orb cut it in hell? I know this question has been asked, but my searches have not turned up much and I would like some much appreciated advice.

I will be wearing occy, stormshield, Shako for now, tal's ammy, magefist, rare fcr ring, and as of right now either a CL ormus or Vipermagi, and i might take an soj for her from another char. So I will have roughly +7 or 8, with or without ed from Ormus. I currently have no cold or light gc's, but will hopefully get some eventually.

2. Bert

Bert IncGamers Member

Hi

I have a lvl ** Cl/Orb sorc using full Tal's and she can manage in hell (soloing baal is posible with an act II HF merc for tanking using lionheart, bonehew and delirium)

She doesn't kills as fast as my hammerdin but she is fun to play and my best mf char to this date, I also putted 1 point in static for boss killing in P8 games

Bert

3. riplix

riplix IncGamers Member

points in CM is pretty gear dependent. if you have some decent +skills, lvl 5-10 CM is fine and probably more then enough for the countess tower monsters

4. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Frozen Orb can definitely cut it in Hell, just not on higher player settings:( If you're mainly going to MF it's one of the best skills around (Blizzard being better of course but requiring too many points for ES).

5. Pier

Pier IncGamers Member

Orb all the way if you are PVM.
    Max orb and 5-10 in CM is perfect!

CL/Orb sorcs rule!!

I use mine mainly for countess runs, but evry now and then you want a change and then it is nice that you have second skill.

Grr pIER