Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Cl/fo Sorc....mephing?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Xxsla_yerxX, Jan 31, 2004.

1. Xxsla_yerxX

Xxsla_yerxX IncGamers Member

Cl/fo Sorc....mephing?

I started a CL/FO sorc Yesterday and shes lv 78 now.TY MUCH M0NK! :xgrin: But....I wanna no how(if)you do meph runs with a cl/fo sorc...i mean you have to static him til low health then start fo or cling but in that time i usually die. this sorc was made for pit runs but i just wanted to see how good it would do mephing. How do you all meph wit your cl/fo sorcs? Ty much :D

2. this_barb

this_barb IncGamers Member

chain lightning is rendered ineffective against meph for the only reason that it only hits 1 target. try lightning instead?

3. wangboBW

wangboBW IncGamers Member

Humm, I doubt that would have worked. m0nk's guide was designed to make a pvm runner, not a boss runner. But if you really need some advice either:
    1. Make a meteorb sorc.
    2. Use Frozen Orb! With decent +skills, the Cold Mastery should be high enough to do decent damage. Since Mephy has 75 Lightning resist, really no point of using it against him.

4. ludacrismfer

ludacrismfer IncGamers Member

FO is what everyone uses to take out mephisto. I think most of these people just have 20 in FO and 10-17 in Cold Mastery. So this build enables you to do it. I am not sure if you can survive tho. You need good resists and plenty of health I think. I have never FO Meph tho, I always use the trick so he cant hit me and I kill him.

5. Hmm, well i have a cl/fo sorc, lvl 83, any doing hell meph is easier than i thought it would be. . . I tele like mad untill i find durance lvl3 (died once in 25 runs because i teled into a boss pack with mana burn) when i get there i tele over the council, my act 2 merc (merc dies every few runs, but resurrecting him is easy with the stuff i sell from meph) keeps meph busy so meph dont shoot me while i static him to half health, then i frozen orb him, and then he dies. this proccess takes no longer than afew minutes normally.
    After finding how easy meph is, ive stopped running the pit and concentrated on meph. (in over 40 pit runs i never found anything worth while)

In 25 - 30(cant remeber, lol) runs i found: gore riders, 29% nagel, a mandal heal, a very crap nagel(16%), hellslayer, shako, black hades, steelskul

I dont use cl, or lightning on him, just frozen orb at lvl 26 (lvl 4 cold mastery, havent lvled it up yet ^^ because i just finished my lighting skill tree)

So Meph is easy if you have the right gear, but still meph can kill hurt if your not careful. . .

6. m0nk

m0nk IncGamers Member

Yes it is a PVM guide, but it does ok against bosses. Use FO against Mephisto. He has 75% all resists so with 10 in Cold Mastery you can take him down to 10% cold resists. With +5 skills you can get him down to -15% CR.

Use Lightning tree for PVM, use cold tree for Bosses. Mix and match to deal with immunities.

There is also a trick you can do easily with 70% FCR but it requires fast skill switching.

FO switch to Lightning switch to FO switch to Lightning, etc. Because FO has a timer you can get a Lightning attack inbetween casts. Not much extra damage because of his 75% resists, but it's a bit extra. Don't try that without a merc though :) because when you do that you don't have time to move.

7. m0nk

m0nk IncGamers Member

Addressing this separately: The most important thing to have when fighting Mephisto is Cold and Lightning resists. Ideally you should have around 50%. If your resists are hovering around 0 or are even negative, this explains why you die. Energy Shield also helps, if you don't have it, I recommend 1 point in it.