Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

CL/FO sorc gear

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Thirteenth, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Thirteenth

Thirteenth IncGamers Member

CL/FO sorc gear

Well i love these builds but its been ages since i made one, its strictly PvM and single player (no Spirit :( )

I dont care about MFing since its single player so could anyone tell me whats the ultimate Single Player gear for CL/FO Pvm

Thanks in advance ;)

EDIT: May aswell lecture me on the Ladder gear while yer at it, if you feel like it that is

Last edited: Apr 25, 2008
  2. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

Re: CL/FO sorc gear

did you look for a build guide? usually that info is there (and if you search for it, I'm guessing you'll find what you seek).

3. Thirteenth

I did, i only found PvP and MF gears, if you know where i can find a guide like the one im looking for id appreciate directions or a link

4. sirpoopsalot

http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=126677

... that guide has pretty much all the best options. And "ultimate" is a pretty subjective term too...

Sidenote #1: I'm assuming you don't have Infinity for your merc. If you do, you might as well drop the frozen orb and go with a pure-lightning build, since that's clearly the "ultimate" solution.

Sidenote #2: ... and assuming you can use the ladder-only runewords...

But if I were to build a CL/FO sorc like you're describing, and I could get my hands on whatever (other) equipment I wanted, I'd go for a 200 FCR setup (because: fast sorcs = fun sorcs):

Option #1:
    Griffon's Eye
    Vipermagi
    HotO flail
    Spirit monarch (35 FCR is mandatory for enabling an SoJ and still hitting 200 FCR)
    2/20 crafted caster amulet
    Magefists
    Arachnid's mesh
    10 FCR rare ring (with other goodies, like resists, mana & life)
    SoJ
    whatever boots you please
    Torch / anni / skill charms

<--- good damage and survivability, and you can customize your needs a little with sockets in the helm & armour, choosing whatever boots you please, as well as a few charms.

Option #2:
    However, if your preference is a little more towards max-damage, I'd consider the 117 FCR breakpoint for a little higher damage:

Griffon's Eye
    CoH
    HotO flail (possibly Eschuta's - if you can make resists elsewhere and don't have mana issues)
    Spirit monarch (needs 32+ FCR in this case)
    2x SoJ
    Arachnids
    whatever boots, gloves, and amulet you please (probably Mara's)
    Torch / anni / skill charms

<--- you could also substitute in a Cresent Moon weapon, then use the rings, amulet, and/or gloves to make up the lost FCR... it might not look like it, but your damage would probably be a little higher with the Cresent Moon (because of the -35% Enemy Lightning Resistance) - though you'd loose a fair bit of resistances and mana, and for me that's enough of a loss to offset the slightly higher damage of CM.

Option #3:

If you want to boost your Frozen Orb damage a little more, then I'd take the previous setup, except drop the HotO for a Death's Fathom, and then use Magefists/Trang's for gloves to still maintain the 117 FCR breakpoint.

Option #4:
    If you like max-block on sorcs, you can drop the Spirit in any of the 2nd and 3rd options (it won't work well for 200 FCR though, so option #1 pretty much means no-block). All of the "good" blocking shields don't come with FCR, so you might be forced to drop the CoH for a Vipermagi to offset what you loose on your shield (or you can swap SoJ rings & gloves for FCR-providing rings and gloves).

For general butt-kicking PvM though, I do not like going below 117 FCR on my Lightning/CL sorcs. So I'd keep that as a minimum for any setup you choose, then boost your -Enemy Lightning Resistance, +skills, +resistances, +mana and +life as much as possible after that.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2008
  5. Thirteenth

You have been of GREAT help.

I owe you one even though i doubt i can ever repay you :)

since im a noob and you clearly know your stuff better than me

6. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg IncGamers Member

For a while, stick with Full Tal's. It's going to get ages to get the uber-gear sirpoopsalot mentioned.

7. sirpoopsalot

amen. :smiley:

Nevertheless, if you're looking for "cheaper", detailed suggestions, I can (hopefully) help you there as well.

No, you don't owe me anything. Trying to find a little info on your own, asking questions politely, and once you gain some comfort in your knowledge and are kind enough to stick around and share it with others, that is a great method of repayment though. :wink:

Last edited: Apr 26, 2008