Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

CL/Blizzard sorc?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Valefor, May 19, 2008.

1. Valefor

Valefor IncGamers Member

CL/Blizzard sorc?

I don't know if this has been done before, but it's a Sorc with 20 in Charged Bolt, Chain lightning, Glacial spike, and Blizzard. Then 10 points in Thunderstorm. Would this build work? Oh yeah, the stats would be Strength, enough for gear, Dexterity, none (Hopefully I won't need MB), Vitality, as much as possible, and then mana, either none or 75, depends on what gear I can get. So, any suggestions, or if someone has done a similar class, how did that Character do?
    Thanks,
    Valefor

Btw, I'm new here :tongue:

2. Scudstorm

Scudstorm IncGamers Member

Re: CL/Blizzard sorc?

You'd need some crazy gear to make it as effective as some more "traditional" dual-tree builds (read: meteorb, blizzballer...)

Thunderstorm sucks. Those 10 points are much better spent in Light Mastery. If you want to optimize only 1 of your lightning skills, max mastery before its synergy.

I'd also go for Lightning instead of CL, since it synergizes CB (which CL doesn't). But that will make your sorc CB/Blizz instead lol.

3. Nimbostratus

Nimbostratus IncGamers Member

First off, choose the skills that will actually synergize each other and can hurt things. Charged Bolt only gets a synergy from lightning, which is pointless since you're maxing chain lightning. Thunderstorm does moderate damage at best and chooses a random target once every decade, so that isn't very helpful either.

A more optimized build would be:
    20 Glacial Spike
    20 Blizzard
    1 Cold Mastery
    20 Lightning
    20 Chain Lightning
    1+ Lightning Mastery
    1 in the 1-point wonders (teleport, warmth, cold armor, static)

This gives you Lightning as a more powerful attack vs single targets.

4. LordHoth

LordHoth IncGamers Member

Like Scudstorm said, you'd need some great stuff to pull this off. I'd think of trying CL/FO instead, since FO doesn't need it's synergy to be effective. Then you can put those extra points into CM/LM/other chain lighting synergies and make your chain lightining/L. Bolt's more effective. Like most FO dual tree builds, start in cold while putting 1 point in your prereq's and whatnot. Then after getting Frozen orb and cold mastery where you want them, start putting the rest into your lightining skills.

At least that is what I am doing with mine, making her for running countess/cows/anywhere else I can think of with few lightining immunes.