Circlet upgrading

Harleyquin

Diabloii.Net Member
Circlet upgrading

Is it possible to upgrade the unique tiara into a diadem? Or a rare one using the upgrade recipes?

stkrause

Diabloii.Net Member
No, you cant upgrade Tiaras. This is not "upgrading" (change from normal->exceptional->elite), but --err-- "sidegrading". Like upgrade an ettin axe to a zerker :lol: :D

*stkrause

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
Circlet-type helms can be upgraded just fine, although the defense increase is far too small (+0 - 10 base defense with +% ed, +1 - 10 without it).

Circlets and Coronets upgrade to Tiaras, which upgrade to Diadems.

stkrause

Diabloii.Net Member
RTB said:
Circlets and Coronets upgrade to Tiaras, which upgrade to Diadems.
Oops, my bad. :whistle:

So Tiara is the "exceptional" version, and Coronet and Circlet are booth the normal version? How can two items be the normal version of the same exceptional item? I'm confused :scratch:

*stkrause

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
Harleyquin said:
I guess my Kira's guardian stays a tiara then:D is there a cube recipe for adding sockets to uniques?
There is a reward from quest1 act5 that lets you add sockets to an item of your choice. For uniques, that will be one socket. enjoy!

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
stkrause said:
So Tiara is the "exceptional" version, and Coronet and Circlet are booth the normal version? How can two items be the normal version of the same exceptional item? I'm confused :scratch:
Yep. This allows for a quirk when gambling though. Items are upgraded/have qualities before buying them, and when a Circlet upgrades to Tiara or Diadem, the graphic shown is that of a Coronet. You'll never see a Circlet upgrade.