Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Circlet mods on previous versions.

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by XCodes, Jul 10, 2010.

1. XCodes

XCodes Diabloii.Net Member

Circlet mods on previous versions.

I'm confident that I saw circlets pop with HCMTF on them back around 1.09 or somesuch time. I was wondering what the stats are (% chance, alvl, etc) on that particular mod, and if there are any other mods that used to spawn on circlets that don't anymore. I would also like to know whether or not these items can be brought forward.

While I'm at it, I also seem to remember that there was some way to imbue circlets, and that suggests to me that it's possible for circlets to get somewhat ridiculous mods. If so, then how did that work?

2. Hammy

Hammy Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Circlet mods on previous versions.

I'm not sure on the specifics of HCMtF, but it I believe it only spawns on rare circlets. I know I've never seen it on a magic one in 1.07, and I've been running a Coronet rack for quite some time. I think 100% HCMtF is possible.

The big issue in 1.07 is the Jeweler's prefix. It's not possible for a circlet to have more than one socket, whether through a mod or Larzuk. You can bring them forward and get the normal 1-2 sockets from Larzuk though.

The other mod that's interesting in 1.07 is the Maiming suffix, which gets up to +20 max damage, but (I believe) can only spawn on magic circlets.

Arcadian circlets (Damage to Demons) look really fantastic, but that's just due to the way that enhanced damage used to be displayed. 140% increased damage in 1.07 is equivalent to 40% in today's environment, so there isn't really any change there.

In 1.07, you can imbue crafted items (and I believe you can create crafted circlets). As I understand it, this doesn't add to the existing stats on the crafted, but give you a chance to get the same mod twice, i.e. +6 to a skill tab.

I'm not an expert, but if you check some of the 1.07 guides linked in the sticky, they have more extensive information.

-Hammy

3. XCodes

They don't have much information on the imbue bug in the stickies. So, the way 1.07 imbues work is that after hitting the imbue button your item generates with 3 prefixes and suffixes, it's possible to get the same mod twice? So you would get +6 to one skill tab and then 1 other prefix and 3 more suffixes?

4. Vang

Vang Diabloii.Net Member

Yeah, I think that is how it works Xcodes. I am not sure of anyone actually accomplishing this though. I suppose someone could backup and save and then try it to see if it is even possible, maybe I'll do this someday.

On a side note, it doesn't take long for the quest to be achieved and I am pretty sure you can imbue a rare circlet/orb. With that said you only need one base item so that is a plus. I am pretty sure you could get 14 or 21 imbues an hour with ease. Err:EDIT, it may take a few moments longer because of the level 8 requirement, but should be no problem if you pop all your characters into the CS and bloody foothills for a moment.

5. XCodes

Hmm... I'm not so sure I find it all that interesting, then. I have no trouble finding more mods that I like on circlets, especially 1.07 circlets.

Anyway, does anyone know a resource where I can look up the 1.07 circlet mods?

6. Vang

Vang Diabloii.Net Member

Wow..I was seriously thinking you needed the socket quest as well. I must of been out of it this morning. I see probably 4 sets you could do in an hour then, maybe five if your helluva good.

7. thefranklin

thefranklin Diabloii.Net Member

You can only imbue white or crafted items.

Therefore, you have to blood craft the orb every time you imbued it. This is a pain, as after 3 mat/pats and a lot of LK running in 1.07 I know I only have like 50 crafting sets or so.

I am not sure if you can craft circlets as I have never tried.

8. Vang

Vang Diabloii.Net Member

Well this wouldn't be only on these items. You could technically use any class specific item.

Imagine a +X druid/+X elemental with +3 Tornado for a 1.10+ windy. That would be sweet(I've never made a windy, so no idea, but it sounds nice)

9. purplelocust

purplelocust Diabloii.Net Member

I've never seen a double +class skill or +skill tab in 1.07 or seen anything confirming it. You might be confusing it with earlier prepatch versions in Classic, where it was possible to get a rare amulet which had both +1 barb skill and +1 sorc skill, for example. It is possible to get +6 jav/spear by getting the +3 jav automod and the +3 skilltab magic affix, which reads +6 in game (but +3 jav twice in ATMA) but that is not a repeated affix. I've seen a lot of rare circlets/coronets/tiaras but never ones with a repeated +skill, although I haven't seen many circlet-type imbues. But I think the imbue mechanism is the same as that used for generating rares- the bonuses to staffmod selection I think came much later.

There is a line in one of the 1.07 guides about imbuing rare orbs, but I think that didn't turn out to be the case under further analysis.

10. XCodes

...seriously? Please?

11. thefranklin

thefranklin Diabloii.Net Member

I don't think anyone has such a thing, as the mods that can spawn in 1.07 haven't really changed for circlets.

I have never seen % chance to flee on a circlet before, so check your confidence.

Maybe you are confused with this:

Defense: 64 (Base Defense: 30-35)
    Required Level: 25
    Required Strength: 63
    Durability: 40
    35% Damage Taken Goes to Mana
    +80% Enhanced Defense
    Magic Damage Reduced By 2
    Attacker Takes Damage of 3
    Knockback
    Hit Causes Monster To Flee 25%

My 1.07 characters have used this for the DTM.

To expand on crafting in 1.07, I have crafted weapons and gloves. Weapons you can continuously craft the same item, but gloves have to be magical, and of the correct type. A quick look at the 1.07 addendum tells me that you can't craft any type of headgear.

12. purplelocust

I'm no expert, but I looked in the magicprefix.txt in ATMA's 1.07 directory and I saw the various prefixes associated to HCMTF (Screaming, Howling, Wailing) and those looked spawnable only on weapons and missile weapons, so I don't think it can spawn on circlets. Perhaps indeed it was Howltusk you were thinking of.

If you want a list of circlet affixes, those ATMA 1.07 txt files are as far as I know the best place to look. The German calculator only seems to go back to 1.09.

13. XCodes

It wasn't Howltusk, I'm pretty certain that I gambled about 100 magic howling circlets in a previous version of the game. I actually remember getting pretty annoyed by it because it seemed like just about every single circlet I gambled had that prefix and rarely, if ever, any suffix at all.

What about 1.09?

14. purplelocust

I just looked on the German affix calculator and didn't see any howling-type affixes on any 1.09 or 1.10 circlets, so I'm not sure what you are remembering.