Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Cinco De Mayo is almost upon us, have you finished your shopping yet.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by skihard, May 2, 2005.

1. skihard

skihard Banned

Cinco De Mayo is almost upon us, have you finished your shopping yet.

ONLY 4 days to Cinco De Mayo

I’ll will be raising a glass of Don Julio to everyone I see that day (ok evening)

Which makes me think what is your favorite Drink inspired by those south of the border.

Margritas (provided they are Strawberry) are my favorite “mixed†drink

Still nothing beats a double of Don Julio Anejo served straight up in a sifter with none of that Salt and Lime crap to ruin the taste.

2. Lord_Shinnok

Lord_Shinnok IncGamers Member

as long as it doesn't contain water from south of the boarder.

3. Necrolestes

Necrolestes IncGamers Member

Sammy Hagar

It's OK to drink the water as long as you don't eat the ice.

Mexican freedom day in three days. Yippee!

4. DrunkCajun

DrunkCajun Banned

I was starting to think I was the only one out there who knew of the stuff. Have a bottle at my house that I open every so often for a shot to kick off the evening. Wonderful stuff.

5. cotton

cotton IncGamers Member

This is true, as long as you don't mind spending the next 8 days in the bathroom.

BTW, September 16 is actually Mexico's Independance Day. May 5 is a minor holiday celebrating the battle of Puebla that is not as widely celebrated in that country. It is Americans that have perfected the drunk fest we think of as Cinqo de Mayo.

6. DrunkCajun

DrunkCajun Banned

That would be cinco de mayo. Months aren't capitalized in Spanish, and the number 5 is spelled with two c's. :D

7. Ranger14

Ranger14 IncGamers Member

Living in Phoenix it is a big deal around here, but it's just another day for me. I don't need a reason to drink tequila! :D Haven't tried Don Julio, guess I should. I usually do Silver Patron or Cabo Wabo.

Umm, why ruin good tequila with strawberries?

Kidding....kind of... :p

8. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

Bah, I'm gonna be celebrating the cinco de ocho.

9. skihard

skihard Banned

Here are my person reviews of my favorite Tequilas

Don Julio Anejo – I found this by accident when I was in Cabo San Lucas, the resort I was staying at didn’t have the tequila I normally drank and I asked the bar tender to give me what he thought was the best Tequila they had (only had to choose from 12) and he gave me this. Before I left Mexcio my carry on suitcase had 3 bottles nicely packed in their own boxes, of course that Carry on only had bottles in it of various spirits.

Anyway this Tequila has a sweet taste (my wife doesn’t care for it) and again uses the Blue Agave plant as most top Tequilas do and even has a slight hint of Cinnamon and Chocolate if you allow it to sit on your palate for a few seconds before swallowing.

CABO WABO Blanco – although very over publicized by Sammy this is actually a very good tequila, it has a woody taste to it much like mesquite. I really like this when I make grilled Steak Fajita’s and my wife likes it in a traditional margarita.

Don Eduardo Anejo – this is another sipping tequila much like the Don Julio, it has a milder flavor with no bite like you get from most of your local store tequilas. This made with 100% Blue Agave and is one of my more favored.

After spending some vacation time in Mexico I really learn what good tequila is and what mixing / getting drunk tequila is. If I mix I’ll usually use Margaritaville Blanco (clear) as it has a nice taste of the Blue Agave plant but because it hasn’t been aged it is much more bitter or has more bite than the finer tequilas.

Another one of my favored drinks from Mexico is Kahlua both the especial and the original…….and I prefer it when I can get a bottle straight from Mexico not from my local store. Serve it straight over ice with a nice Steamed or Lemon Grilled Lobster and you can’t pull me from the table.

And for those who care……
    Blanco - is a white/clear Tequila ($9-$110)
    Reposado - is aged from 6 months to 1 year ($25-$60)
    Anjeo - is aged from 1 year to 5 years ($45-$120)
    Depending on the maker there are various names for over 5 years these however can cost well over $150-$300 per bottle

Note what I use for Mixing with the strawberries it's cheap stuff not the good stuff.

10. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

cheap tequila is cheap, you can get more of it

strawberries are the devil

piñatas>you

11. skihard

skihard Banned

Yeah but what’s the difference between a hand full of crap and a truck load of crap? If you have a lot of cheap tequila you can get drunk but it'll taste ****ty in the process. Also a double of the good stuff is equal to about 4-5 shots of the cheap stuff at least for me anyhow, and if you keep it in your mouth for a few seconds before you swallow it you won't need much more than the double. The same applies to top bourbons you can drink that crap from Tennessee in the black bottle or drink Makers Mark from Kentucky, the Tennessee stuff is like turpentine but Makers mark will go down so smooth you’d think you were drinking flavored water.