Christmas in November??

kobold

Banned
Christmas in November??

I know that some people put up their trees early, but man! A family down the road from me has theirs up (yes, yes, I'm the creepy-looking-in-the-window guy).

For those that celebrate Christmas, when do you think it's a good time?

I can't imagine doing this to my kids. Having to say "Only 41 more days kids!" would break their little hearts.

I know that some people put up their trees early, but man! A family down the road from me has theirs up (yes, yes, I'm the creepy-looking-in-the-window guy).

For those that celebrate Christmas, when do you think it's a good time?

I can't imagine doing this to my kids. Having to say "Only 41 more days kids!" would break their little hearts.
I start decorating inside on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. The main tree doesn't get brought in until about 1 1/2-2 weeks before Christmas because I don't want it to dry out. I do have artificial trees for the dining room and office that go up sooner though. The entire process of doing the entire inside of the house usually takes about two weeks for me.
As for the outside, Ski did hang our icicle lights along the roof line two weeks ago because the weather was nice. I'll take care of the rest some time in the next week or so. I usually like to light them on Thanksgiving night.

zodiac66

Diabloii.Net Member
I usually start my festivites Thanksgiving. We put up our tree, watch some movies and have a grand time decorating.

Before Thanksgiving..I would get sick of Christmas. Oh wait...retailers have started already.

I so wish I had someone nice to spend my holidays with.

MinasMorgul

Diabloii.Net Member
If I had It my way, The Christmas decorations would never see the light of day again. But since I can't, Not before December 1st.

And a curse to all those who put up their decorations in October! yeah I've seen it happen!

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
The shops have started already. It's absurd, our tree doesn't go up until around Christmas week.

Any Christmas celebrations before December are inherently evil.
I believe anything and everything Christmas prior to Thanksgiving should be punishable by hanging. The only exceptions would be to place notifications of Christmas services and/or observances no earlier than November. That and leaving Christmas lights up all year long should be allowed. I left mine up.