Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Chosing my second runner

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Snake, Mar 10, 2004.

1. Snake

Snake IncGamers Member

Chosing my second runner

I already have a runner. It is a Sorceress(lvl 89) and she uses both Fireball and Frozen Orb. I only need two ist runes to complete here (and a enigma, but is not going to happen).

She runnes Hell Meph, Pindleskin, Hell Countess, Hell Andariel and the Ancient Tunnels.

I would like a second runner, but I can't deside wich character it is going to be. I tried the hammerdin, but Blessed Hammer is too hard to aim with. I am thinking about building a poison necro, but I have no idea if he could have anough MF-gear on him.

I would like te second runner to be able to run both Baal and the Pit.

Any ideas?

2. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

a good winddruid or a hammerdin are the best bet for those two area's... a fishymancer would do well also but they ar ea little slow in the pit and wsk 2 if you ask me...

However, hammers and tornado's are indeed a little hard to aim with in the beginning... Still just make one of these two if youreally want to and practice for a couple of hourse with hammer and tornado spamming... hey i did that too, doesnt make you a noob ;)

practice practice and practice my young grasshopper, then maybe one day, all your drops become green and gold ;)

robin

3. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Hammerdin, Fishymancer and Winddruid can all be excellent, but it depends on your gear quite a bit.

My fishy has now ~630% MF (**% more on merc) and he can do hell Baal runs in ~7 mins (minions on p1 and Baal himself on p3) thanks to ammy I gambled (25 teleport charges). He is very safe too, you can die only to your own mistakes. The thing which made my fishy much better MFer was that teleport ammy, it at least doubled my speed

Hammerdin is quite ultimate MFer. Very fast and powerful and usually very durable too. About 500% MF isn't that hard to get and that combined with ~9k hammers... :drool: At first it is hard to aim hammers, but I learned it quite fast. Only thing you need to know is where the hammers start their spiral. Later you will know how to place yourself to make hammers hit as many targets as possible. It needs some experience to do that, but I like this build, you had to learn something before you could use it in its full power. With good seed I can do p8 Pit full clear in 5-6 mins. For Baal runs I had Naj's Puzzler on switch, but teleporting to pack of gloams wasn't good idea at all...

There is not much I can say about winddruid though, I have never played that build

PS. Why are you planning to give Enigma to your sorc (if you ever will get the runes)? I would slap Wealth or Skullder's on her and give that Enigma to Hammerdin or Fishymancer, they will benefit much more from it

4. Snake

Snake IncGamers Member

You are right, if I had one enigma I would give it to my second runner. But at this time I only have my sorceress as runner, so for item completion I look only at here.

5. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

:rant: Lpr, you so called "friend", i suggest you read my guide right this instance and build atleast 2!!! :lol:

just joking dude :uhhuh: but i agree onthe enigma thingy, it is really sweet and good but what makes it uber is he ability to teleport... and because your sorc already has it :evil: a wealth or a skulders might suit her better

robin

6. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

... or tal's armor/ammy/belt for nice sorc skills and good MF, resists, blah blah blah, its an awesome set up for any character, but especially for a sorc. :surprise:

7. Snake

Snake IncGamers Member

That is why my sorc uses that partial set. I traded the armor just yesterday for an um and a lem.

8. whomhead

that's awfully cheap for a very useful TC84 armor... usually it trades for items that are much rarer than it, not for things that can come from the NM hellforge.

9. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Yep, but go check lvl 85 area item rarity list we used in MFO. Tal's Armor is very low there, if I remember correctly Djinn Slayer Ataghan beat it :lol: It can't be dropped by hell Meph but in Pit/WSK etc it is quite common. Weird that I haven't found it myself yet... :uhhuh:

10. Snake

Snake IncGamers Member

I got the runes from the Countess(Hell). I quess that SnakeEye85 was in a good mood. Now my sorc looks purple, kind of nice.

11. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

...And if im correct, he has found 7 Tal armors, so why to sell them for insane price?

12. whomhead

well then congrats in getting a good deal! i've never found it either, LprMan, so don't feel bad. :)