Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Choice of Armor - CoH and Fortitude

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Decebal, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Decebal

Decebal IncGamers Member

Choice of Armor - CoH and Fortitude

Hi all!

I was lucky to trade and find the following armors suited for CoH and/or Fortitude. Now my dilema is which armour is best for which runeword!

Armor 1
    Superior Archon Plate 15% ed and 4 sockets

Armor 2
    Superior Dusk Shroud 15% and 4 sockets

Thx in advance!

/Dec

2. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Both runewords are for melee or missile characters, LF zons excluded. These characters typically have enough strength to wear a good weapon or bow, so I guess a dusk shroud isn't necessary for both runewords and IMO it would be a waste to use on on it. Try to get another archon plate for that dusk shroud. IMO Fortitude>CoH, so if trading isn't an option, the loss would be less if you use the dusk shroud for Fortitude.

3. Decebal

Decebal IncGamers Member

i realise that Fortitude has a greater trade value!
    But i must consider the PvP usage of the runewords!

For instance most barbs in pvp use COH in duskshrouds! But maybe thats changed now since there is another namely Fortitude!

when making fortitude u will have some stats that will vary: resists and life based on character level! So that means if u have bad luck u can get 25 resist all and 1 to life.

COH will get fixed stats in any case! Of course when made in Archon arm it will get higher defense!

any more inputs?

/Dec

4. Bullet-Tooth Tony

Bullet-Tooth Tony IncGamers Member

What are their base defense values?
    Dusk Shroud can have 361-467, Archon Plate - 410-524. So, a good Dusk Shroud can have even better defence, than bad Archon.
    Chains of Honor has only 70% enhanced defence (85% with Supperior). I think you can make it in Dusk Shroud, because sush a low ED menas that you're not aiming for biggest defence you can get.
    Fortitude has +200% (215% from Superrior) and a big defence boost Chilling Armor. I think it's better made in Archon Plate, if it's defense is really bigger.

5. Decebal

Decebal IncGamers Member

Hello mobster wannabe! :D
    Cool name btw!

Dusk shroud defense
    Well dusk has 538 def. Its 15 % ed and the superior bonus is always calculated on the max defense. That means 467 x 1. 15 = 537.05 but its estimated to 538 def!

Achon defense
    524 x 1.15 = 602.6 estimated to 603 def

So both Dusk and Archon have the maximum possible defense possible! And thats of course because no variation on enhance defense percentage exists for COH and Fortitude.

By the way! How do u calculate the max defense?

/Dec

6. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Items with a %def bonus (all superior, magical, rare, unique and set items, but not runewords, upgraded and crafted items) have a base defense of maximum+1.