Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

CHOCOLATE SINGS .... a great way to look at life.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Syxx, May 27, 2005.

1. Syxx

Syxx IncGamers Member

CHOCOLATE SINGS .... a great way to look at life.

One day I had a date for lunch with friends. Mae, a little old "blue hair" about 80 years old, came along with them. All in all, a pleasant bunch. When the menus were presented, we ordered salads, sandwiches, and soups, except for Mae who said, "Ice Cream, please. Two scoops, chocolate."

I wasn't sure my ears heard right, and the others were aghast. "Along with heated apple pie," Mae added, completely unabashed.

We tried to act quite nonchalant, as if people did this all the time. But when our orders were brought out, I didn't enjoy mine. I couldn't take my eyes off Mae as her pie a-la-mode went down. The other ladies showed dismay. They ate their lunches silently and frowned.

The next time I went out to eat, I called and invited Mae. I lunched on white meat tuna. She ordered a parfait. I smiled. She asked if she amused me. I answered, "Yes, you do, but also you confuse me. How come you order rich desserts, while I feel I must be sensible?

She laughed and said, with wanton mirth, "I'm tasting all that's Possible. I try to eat the food I need, and do the things I should. But life's so short, my friend, I hate missing out on something good. This year I realized how old I was. (She grinned) I haven't been this old before." "So, before I die, I've got to try those things that for years I had ignored. I haven't smelled all the flowers yet. There are too many books I haven't read. There's more fudge sundaes to wolf down and kites to be flown overhead. There are many malls I haven't shopped. I've not laughed at all the jokes. I've missed a lot of Broadway hits and potato chips and cokes.

I want to wade again in water and feel ocean spray on my face. I want to sit in a country church once more and thank God for His grace. I want peanut butter every day spread on my morning toast. I want UN-timed long distance calls to the folks I love the most. I haven't cried at all the movies yet, or walked in the morning rain. I need to feel wind in my hair. I want to fall in love again. So, if I choose to have dessert, instead of having dinner, then should I die before night fall, I'd say I died a winner, because I missed out on nothing. I filled my heart's desire. I had that final chocolate mousse before my life expired."

With that, I called the waitress over. "I've changed my mind," I said. "I want what she is having, only add some more whipped cream!"

This is my gift to you - We need an annual Friends Day! If you get this twice, then you have more than one friend. Live well, love much & laugh often - Be happy.

Be mindful that happiness isn't based on possessions, power, or prestige, but on relationships with people we love and respect.

Remember that while money talks, CHOCOLATE SINGS

Regards
    Syxx

2. Damotta

Damotta IncGamers Member

Mae's only contributing to her early death by being so reckless, thus shortening her days and reducing the opportunities to enjoy the world further. And now she's spreading her carefree attitude to others? Shame on you Mae.

:lol: lol, but in all seriousness, there is a good moral to that story. Enjoy life to the fullest. I know I get bogged down with everyday life sometimes, and forget to just be happy to be alive. Luckily summer vacation's coming up. An appropriate time to remember this little story.

3. Keldaris

Keldaris IncGamers Member

I'm a firm beleiver of living life to the fullest. If there's something i want to do, well if it's possible, i do it. I don't care about the cost, or the possible rammifications.

4. Undisputed Ruler of All

Undisputed Ruler of All IncGamers Member

Of course, living life to the fullest doesn't always involve the physical aspects of life. It's not all chocolate, though now I have a strange craving for brownies... no Keldaris, I'm not gonna eat them... Not that I don't want them, but they'll make me sick... maybe I'll go for the whipped cream since I can't have chocolate...

5. MixedVariety

MixedVariety Banned

Looks like one of those silly e-mails I just delete without even reading. No offense.