Chips, Pgems, what, is HC trading dead?

MikeFord

Diabloii.Net Member
Chips, Pgems, what, is HC trading dead?

I haven't had a good trade experience in maybe the last 6 months of HC, whats up? Nobody seems to want chipped, or wants to give even something minor, last night I was trying to trade chipped for a stinking bare plus to necro skills ammy and the person wanted like 35 chipped.

Is there no way to get better items with things I can find and roll etc. with my lower level chars? I mean it really sucks if trade is ONLY between people with a Hell level baal runner.
 

Stimm

Diabloii.Net Member
I cant see why chips are worthless , you can use them to reroll magic items instead of perfs and they are used to cube up runes in the low levels
 

STINGER

Diabloii.Net Member
Maybe i am incorrect, but i beleive rolling magic wiht chips gets you low end mods and less than perfect socketing. When I use chips on weapons i seem to be on the low end ED and only get 1-2 sockets, not 3.
 

ZappaFan

Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator
Even when the three chip & magical sword recipe still worked it was hard to trade chips in HC.
 

baalos

Diabloii.Net Member
ZappaFan said:
Even when the three chip & magical sword recipe still worked it was hard to trade chips in HC.
maybe for uber items, but in 1.09 chips were good currency. 1.10 is different but pgems are still sweet. I bought a light sabre for 20 pgems and know soe can be bought for about 12. My advice is to pickup every gem you find and roll up. Has worked for me.
 

ZappaFan

Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator
Yes, definitely. I roll everything now. In 1.09 I only picked up flawless, now I pick up anything and roll roll roll! I do keep some of the chips needed for rolling the higher runes.


baalos said:
maybe for uber items, but in 1.09 chips were good currency. 1.10 is different but pgems are still sweet. I bought a light sabre for 20 pgems and know soe can be bought for about 12. My advice is to pickup every gem you find and roll up. Has worked for me.
 

Louisifier

Diabloii.Net Member
ZappaFan said:
I do keep some of the chips needed for rolling the higher runes.
Is there a guide somewhere to show what u need to roll up the runes? I thought I found it once and I havn't been able to find it again. :(

Thanks
 

ConnerMacleod

Diabloii.Net Member
STINGER said:
Maybe i am incorrect, but i beleive rolling magic wiht chips gets you low end mods and less than perfect socketing. When I use chips on weapons i seem to be on the low end ED and only get 1-2 sockets, not 3.

Incorrect, wrong, and here's the answer.

They adjusted the ilvl of the chipped recipe to ilvl 25, made sockets received random (1-2), and allowed it for any weapon. This does NOT affect the available mods for the elite weapons. Qlvl merely needs to be 77 or higher on the weapon to be able to roll a cruel mod.

TC List here on Diabloii.net

Look on that list, and anything in Weapons with a Qlvl of 77 or higher can be rolled Cruel, with 1-2 sockets, with the chip recipe.

I personally think the flawless recipe is a waste of good flawless gems, and given that the ilvl is set to 30 after roll with it, that doesn't excite me because War Pikes, CBs, CS's, Hydra Bows, Crusaders, and even Ghost Spears can be rolled Cruel with inexpensive chips.


By the way: Trading in HC has always been a long and tedious process. Many people don't trade at all, the MP has been changed to become cumbersome and impossible to navigate, and only people with Godlies want Godlies. Therefore, I stick to Pgem trades and I'm happy. I keep my elites around for the right person who needs it however.
 
Top