Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

chipped gems -- market dead?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by red herring, Apr 27, 2005.

1. red herring

red herring IncGamers Member

chipped gems -- market dead?

I've been away from the game since before 1.10 dropped, and just picked it up again... has the chipped gems market dried out? I remeber getting as much as a few sojs for a stash full, but now it doesnt seem anyone needs em anymore... correct? or am i looking in the wrong place?

2. Elgar

Elgar IncGamers Member

the recipe that uses chipped gems doesnt get you as "godly" an item when compared with all the new 1.10 uniques and such. Perfect gems are more saught after, for crafting and rerolling (mainly skiller charm rerolling)

3. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

its more popular to reroll rares now, since they can get a lot better than the good old cruel xx of xx...
    Chippeds are not of any use anymore. Not here, not anywhere.

4. CookiesnCream

CookiesnCream IncGamers Member

Chipped gems aren't worth anything anymore. But if you're on hardcore, I've seen a few people trade for chipped gems, don't know why though. I guess it could be duelers cubing up for full rejuv potions.

5. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Rares and runewords have become far better, especially the ladder runewords and cubed items will get only 1-2 sockets, so it's like shopping (with a 100% chance of getting the base item you want to have, however) and then letting Larzuk socket it.

I suggest to keep a few chipped and flawed gems to upgrade runes, but apart from that it's not worth to bother with muling them IMO.