Chipmc's Witchwild String Strafeazon Guide v. 0.05 Beta if

stephan

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Chipmc's Witchwild String Strafeazon Guide v. 0.05 Beta

If you are mostly strafing the benefits of IAS are limited as well. It's pretty easy to hit 3 frame strafe (if it doesn't hit this already?) and you can't really improve on that.

emuSTYLE

Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks for the clarification and also advice on where to focus. So from what I gather, I should be prioritizing, CTH, DS, CTC, IAS in that order?

So quickly, would something like, looking for more dex/ar items and then putting a few more skill points into CS be what I should be looking at first?

I imagine the dex/ar will help CTH, while upping CS will help cover the gap between the 82 Deadly strike from the bow (my level) and what's in the skill points?

aazjazz

Diabloii.Net Member

I found a WWS and have started to use it. It works like a charm until I hit hell.

To be fair, I haven't upped but as is, I'm struggling like hell, no pun intended.

I feel like respecing to do a gun slinger. the kill speed is just too laborious, unless someone can tell me otherwise when WWS is upped?

Grolen

Diabloii.Net Member

My paladin was struggling helping friends with Uber Tristram... I switched to my glass WWStrafeazon (no extra points in Vitality), thinking the knockback would help with crowd control...

With a fire-resistant (red) valkyrie and an Act 2 Nightmare Offensive mercenary, four of us cleared out the rest of Uber Tristram without too much trouble...

Grolen

Ghoulz

Diabloii.Net Member

Im stuck between certain gear.

I don't know what to choose between: 30 IAS giant skull, andys, or dream(current choice). maybe even a 45 IAS mav's circlet.
WWS(up'd): shael/shael or shael/nef
Also, how would +freeze from Cham work with strafe?

Laying of Hands
Nosferatus
War Travs
Rfrost/Dual leech ring
CoH(current) or Treachery
Atmas or Cats/Highlords(2% and 5% chance to cast amp works faster right?

Mass +dmg/ar charms

Are those IAS charts really accurate? Is 65 enough or does more actually increase your speed?

EDIT: Oh wow, it seems like treachery is working better for me than coh was. Just one breakpoint away from maximum attack speed with a normal attack(GA/MS).

Lack of LL poses a problem on occasions though.

Last edited:

ckallander

Diabloii.Net Member

Giant Skull is nice because of its sockets, but it's crushing blow and plus to strength isn't amazingly useful to a bowazon, unless you needed the strength to wear something else. Andy's is butt ugly but much more practical. Skills, life leech and IAS are always good things. Dream is an interesting choice. It certainly has a few handy mods, but it's really suited more for a specialty build. I personally use Kira's but would probably go with Andy's in your case.

Choosing between sheal/sheal and nef/sheal depends on what breakpoint you want to reach. I hardly ever seek out knockback with my bowazon's, but on a lower dmg bow like WW it might be more appropriate.

The freeze from Cham works. The +3 is put into a formula to see if the monster is frozen. It's not that beneficial in hell since when and if the monster gets frozen it'll only be for a fraction of a second. I forget if ranged attackers suffer penalties for freezing. I've often wondered what a 6 soc Cham bow would be like tho. Maybe for a Medusazon?

Atma's does indeed stack with WW for 7% ctc Amp. I found the combo worked great personally.

Don't know what IAS charts you're referencing but it all boils down to what breakpoint you're trying to go for. Most would agree a pure strafer only needs to hit 9/3 (65% IAS) but it all depends.

markb

Diabloii.Net Member

I found a WWS and have started to use it. It works like a charm until I hit hell.

To be fair, I haven't upped but as is, I'm struggling like hell, no pun intended.

I feel like respecing to do a gun slinger. the kill speed is just too laborious, unless someone can tell me otherwise when WWS is upped?
I tried WWS and had same experience (not upped). It was fun but I had hard time killing diablo. Although a few friends said otherwise. Too slow for my taste:crazyeyes:

XenoSpyro

Diabloii.Net Member
Throwing my two-cents necropost in here to say that you can benefit WWStrafers by using Bloodfist + Razortail + War Travelers for an additional 20-35 damage which gets boosted by Fort, Dex, and skill damage.

FracturedFairytales

Diabloii.Net Member
Since this this has been necroed, I just wanted to say that this is one of my favorite guides ever written and I am in process of making a WWS zon. All I need is... the WWS, which is surprisingly hard to find these days as most people don't bother keeping it and bots pass it over.

FracturedFairytales

Diabloii.Net Member
I did indeed. Currently lvl ** and equipped thusly:
Vampgaze
Uped WWS with 2 shael runes
Fortitude dusk shroud
Laying of Hands
Gorerider
Nos Coil
Ravenfrost/Wisp Projector
Cats Eye

Merc: Act 1 Cold equipped with Faith bow, Fortitude, and Andariel's Visage.

Still looking for a set of War Travs and trying to craft gloves. Also looking to do better than Vamp, but will have to get mana steal from elsewhere (gloves I hope). Not sure where I want to go with the helm. I have a 3os tiara and three decent jewels, but perhaps Stealskull would be best (ugly though).

She solos Baal/Chaos runs pretty well. With the fana from the merc and a Heart of Wolverine cast from Wisp, she does about 1k damage base, which is over 4k when amp and crit are triggered. Not bad. Also a lot of fun to play.

Noodle

Do you have any source of knockback? It's one of my favorite features to have on a bowazon. Also, did you go strafe or multishot?

FracturedFairytales

Diabloii.Net Member
Do you have any source of knockback? It's one of my favorite features to have on a bowazon. Also, did you go strafe or multishot?
No knockback yet. I'm crafting gloves regularly though, and when i get one with 20ias and mana steal i'll be set. I think strafe is more effective than multi in almost all scenarios but it is nice to have lvl 7-10 multi for parts of chaos. FA works well too as a support skill.

FracturedFairytales

Diabloii.Net Member
Sacrifice a Shael for a Nef. You're already attacking fast enough as it is.
I subbed out the shaels for some 38% ED jewels I found. Definitely not lacking in IAS but still no KB. A nef would work but I use Decoy a lot at the moment for crowd control. If/when I craft some gloves then it's all gravy.

FracturedFairytales

Diabloii.Net Member
Update: lvl 92
Merc is A1 cold with Faith bow, Fortitude, and Andy's Visage.
Skills are prereqs with maxed Strafe, Penetrate, Pierce, Valk, with remainder in multi and about 4 unused.

Setup:
Kira's (+58 res all, could use higher although all res are maxed)
Witchwild String: upped, socketed with 2 38% ED jewels
Fortitude in Dusk Shroud
Rare gloves: +2 java, 20IAS, 3% mana steal
War Travelers
Nos' Coil
Ravenfrost
Wisp Projector
Cat's Eye

NEEDS:
Three 40/15 jewels (one for Kira's, other two for WWS).
Crafted gloves with 20IAS, mana steal and knockback. + to passive or bow skills would be ideal.
Perfect upped WWS with two open sockets or socketed with two 40/15s... ;)

Once I get my leech situation settled I'm going to sub out Nos' for Razortail as the LL in Nos' won't be needed, so it's just the slow that's of use there. Razortail gives Dex and Max Dmg and free skill points, which are more useful IMO. Then I still gotta figure out what to do with the remaining skill points... Decoy?