Chiphunters any use nowadays?

ayax_2k4

Diabloii.Net Member
Chiphunters any use nowadays?

I keep seeing chiphunters in many threads, are they any use in 1.10 or are they useless, they find chippies as back in .09 but what for? The 3 chippies + sword = magic 3 sox sword for the cruel mod is now a bit useless as it gets 1 or 2 sox only so what's the point behind having a chiphunter?

they're really only useful now to upgrade runes. but even then, no one ever needs enough for them to be worth anything.

TopHatCat64

Diabloii.Net Member
ayax_2k4 said:
I keep seeing chiphunters in many threads, are they any use in 1.10 or are they useless, they find chippies as back in .09 but what for? The 3 chippies + sword = magic 3 sox sword for the cruel mod is now a bit useless as it gets 1 or 2 sox only so what's the point behind having a chiphunter?
Chipped gems are still useful for cubing up low runes but you find more than enough just starting a new character and picking up any you find in the earlier acts.

ayax_2k4

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah i thought so, thx for the advice, won't be cubing runes so i don't need one at all :thumbsup:

they're still worth cubing up to perfects. pgems are still the easiest way to get decent gear when you're starting out.

ayax_2k4

Diabloii.Net Member
I only pick from normal upwards, is it really worth to start cubing up from a chipped? Isn't it much faster to don hell/nm cows or clear out the flayer jungle in 8 player games for this? :scratch: (really dunno, maybe it's faster to go chipped)

ayax_2k4 said:
I only pick from normal upwards, is it really worth to start cubing up from a chipped? Isn't it much faster to don hell/nm cows or clear out the flayer jungle in 8 player games for this? :scratch: (really dunno, maybe it's faster to go chipped)
i just pick up everything and throw them on my gem mule when i'm full. they can't possibly slow you down

TopHatCat64

Diabloii.Net Member
ayax_2k4 said:
I don't even bother picking up normal gems, I just pick up flawless. It's not so much the time but the space each gem takes up. Assuming you got a bunch of charms on you I'd rather save that space for a un-ided charm or a higher grade gem. No point picking up lesser gems really.

ayax_2k4

Diabloii.Net Member
I've tested this for a while and i've decided to follow tophatcat64's advice, picking only flawless means much less muling is needed and i manage to cube much more perfects than what i used to :thumbsup: