Chilling armor sorc

Yossarian

Diabloii.Net Member
Chilling armor sorc

Was playing with a guy today who used chilling armor as his primary attack in duelling. It did a signifcant amount of damage. He was using an infinity (which helped a lot) but still 300 damage per bolt and I had max res before the infinity. He told me each bolt was doing near a 1000 listed damage. But I can't figure out how he did this because he also had orb and ES. Could he have used Fort armor and syned it? Even then I can't caluculate high enough damage. Inquiring minds want to know.

FrostBurn

Diabloii.Net Member
I've not done the sums for this, but in reference to the '1000 listed damage', I'd venture to say that 'people talk big'.

Yossarian

Diabloii.Net Member
I've decided to build this. After a little more research I see that I can hit those damage lvs.

My gear

Fathom ---Eschuta on switch
Mara
Nightwing
Spirit
Snowclash (will provide me with blizzard and save points)
2 soj's
Frostburns
Silkweaves
Enigma or +3 CA ormus (can't decide yet) both have perks.
torch
anni
4 cold CG
res charms
life mana charms

+17 skills +4 cold
50% or so + cold damage

SKills (enigma damage) no plus damage added.

20 Frozen armor
20 Chiling Armor 566 - 655
20 Shiver Armor 809 - 910
1 CM
20 telekenis
1 ES
1 LM
1 TS
1 Warmth
with other pre reqs I've used 93 points. The rest of the points will go in CL (it does 1000 with 1 point invested). TS and CL should take care of immunes tha t infinity can't break.

Merc
Infinity
Bramble (cause this idea is mostly for dueling)
Dream

Between the infinity and the CM I figure I'll clear 3000 damage on the CA and maybe 5 on the shiver. That's pretty darn good.

My only other thought about skills is to not add anything to CL and add the rest to ES. More and more I think that's the route to take.

Yossarian

Diabloii.Net Member
Ya facets are another advantage to using ormus. I get 1 extra. But the STR from the Nigma and damage to mana thing are too big to overlook I think. Plus a little better def so I'm not pummeled too easily. I'll try and update how it goes.

NewForumBloke

Diabloii.Net Member
I too tried this once, it ended badly for me though, became too much of a hassel to lvl her, and when she was lvled, i just didnt seem to have the gear to put her anywhere near dueling range. Hope yours turns out better than me :wink3:

Good luck

-BLoke :smug:

O, also, i nvr did go find out if shiver armor/chiling armor attacks on a strike (i.e. if the attack was blocked) or if the hit need to be a succesful strike (i.e. you or your mana would take dmg). I think knowing that would greatly increase your ability to make her work to her fullest.

FrostBurn

Diabloii.Net Member
NewForumBloke said:
O, also, i nvr did go find out if shiver armor/chiling armor attacks on a strike (i.e. if the attack was blocked) or if the hit need to be a succesful strike (i.e. you or your mana would take dmg). I think knowing that would greatly increase your ability to make her work to her fullest.
I'm hoping that you will find this useful then.